Mozilla Foundation Weekly Priorities: September 28th, 2020
- Week of October 12 - US Elections misinfo scorecard launch (tentative)
- October 12 - Internet Health training for OpenDoTT fellows
- October 13 - Dialogues & Debates, "Memes, Misinfo, and the Election"
- October 14 - Mark keynotes Dublin Tech Summit
- October 15 - Launch of CMA Project “The Future of Memory” by Xiaowei Wang, Qianqian Ye and Jasmine Wang
- October 15 - Full applications due for this year’s CMAs
- October 20 - Launch of branch magazine about a sustainable internet with Climate KIC and Climate Action Tech
- October 26 - MozFest Call for Proposals opens
- November 23 - MozFest Call for Proposals closes
- November 30 - CMA Project “Most Face Ever” by Kyle McDonald launches
What's Moving This Week
- Campaigns: US Elections dot com – working on a full page ad, a video, the platforms scorecard + a resource for journalists, escalation of our 'pause' campaigns for FB group recommendations and Twitter's trending topics. RegretsReporter post-launch work. Ongoing feedback to org planning.
- Insights: Internet Health Report: begin to compile the People’s Index stories and finalize the research slideshow, Movement partnership analysis and Data Stewardship Ecosystem analysis: hiring the research team.
- Partnerships: Several proposals, major donor outreach following Sept asks; October email fundraising prep; MozFest sponsorships
- Engagement: Finalizing homepage designs for PNI; product pages getting final work done by Dev; kicking-off localization for PNI; Newsbeat and Misinfo Mondays content for next week.
- Fellowships & Awards: Providing input and feedback to org planning; Tech&Society contracts, announcement & last stretch before onboarding; Shipping a big set of OpenDoTT deliverables to the EU (research workbook, PhD upgrade report); Continuing to support CMA Applicants through the application process; Moving forward with alternative business model fellowship plans; Mozfest connections + planning
- Communications: Planning for October 13 D&D and October 14 Dublin Tech Summit (Mark keynoting); Copywriting for Facebook Groups campaign
- Finance & Ops: Review 990 draft with outside counsel, work on Foundation VAT treatment in Netherlands, assist with budget process consulting project, review revised audit draft
- MozFest: MozFest spaces decided, Amsterdam in-person taster event planning, virtual event types planning, MozFest external partner documentation, cross-org team meetings about MozFest needs, October MozFest Nostalgia Campaign, drafting October newsletter, Amsterdam diversity blogpost, work with BetaNYC about MozFest partner event
- Organizational Effectiveness: Continued work on annual planning process; engagement survey evaluation planning; close CCAT (Core Capacity Assessment Tool) survey with leadership; plan for CRM discovery interviews with staff and consultants
- HR: Manager training for the job description audit, Diversity disclosure release, ongoing recruitment
- ED: Board Diversity Committee meeting Tuesday Oct 6, Board Program Committee Meeting Wednesday Oct 7; Interviews for the European AI Fund Programme Manager role
Executive Team Weekly Meeting Minutes
- Planning and Program Committee Prep - Interrogated which short term outcomes in the theory of change we might direct efforts towards over the next three years, building on current work/momentum/relevance. Discussed approach to gathering additional input from the Program Committee and staff for phase 3 of our movement building strategy. In addition to team discussions, Ashley and Bob are convening key internal stakeholders to draft three year narrative arcs by October 22. From those we’ll pull 2021 org-wide OKRs to enable direction and alignment for 2021 team planning.
- Remote worker benefits - Discussed proposed updates to remote worker benefits starting in 2021. The executive team and HR are finalizing details to share with staff soon.
Leadership Team Weekly Meeting Minutes
- Movement partnership landscape analysis - Kasia shared an overview and answered questions about this project, which aims to identify issue areas and geographies at the intersection of Trustworthy AI and activist movements where MoFo has the greatest potential to advance its strategy, theory of change and mission.
- Salesforce - Angela shared an update on a project to improve MoFo’s current CRM. Next step is working with a consultant on a discovery phase to gather input from all teams regarding needs and opportunities.
- Offer stage for Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications
- Hiring manager interviews are underway for Editorial Manager
- Phone screens are underway for UX/UI Designer
- Phone screens are underway for Full-Stack Developer
- Reviewing resumes and applications open for Lab Lead role
- Reviewing resumes and applications open for Manager, Web Development role
- Applications open for Donor Care Assistant role