From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search



QA (John Hammink, Tony, Naoki, Matt, John Shih) This Week

  • Smoketest blockers will have the "smoketest" keyword in all bugs now. Addressed as P1
   Bug 803049 -        [Gallery] Previews appear and disappear
   Bug 806487 -        [unagi][contacts] Editing a contact loses the picture
  • Bug 806582 - [unagi] [camera] Still images captured by camera are saved to disk with a 90 degree rotation (portrait or landscape)
  • Gaia Automation update:
   Blocker: Bug 801703 -        marionette-listeners should get all iframe elements instead of using window.frames
   Mac Mini set up with Ubuntu 12.10 and running Jenkins
   Raymond  working right now to get the Unagi phone (borrowed right now from Matt  Basta -- we've filed a Service Now request to get a permanent phone)  with Engineering build set up to the Jenkins job, and running tests
   Aaron, Al (from Taiwan) + a couple others from Mozilla Taiwan are looking at running the tests too:
  • Payments and App stuff
   Packaged apps still busted, still kinda on hold on most apps testing
   Payments and Identity use cases aren't completely defined
   App install use cases aren't clearly defined yet
  • Still working through - but a large part of the way complete with - testcase import to MozTrap: ~1500 test cases, approx.
  • Starting with test runs
  • Closing "resolved" and investigating "QA Wanted" bugs

Last Week

  • Smoketests are now being ran 3 times a day!
    • otoro (master, nightly) and unagi (nightly) devices
    • Bug 800625 - [unagi][video] video does not show preview
    • Bug 803049 - [Gallery] Previews appear and disappear
    • [NEW] *Bug 804516* [Marketplce] Apps installed from marketplace do not work
    • [EXISTING] *Bug 804494* [Contacts] Add picture from camera will return nothing (but the photo will show in gallery)
    • [EXISTING] *Bug 801549* [video] Not able to reproduce a video just recorded
    • [EXISTING] *Bug 796884* [Gallery] It is not possible to view a picture in landscape mode
    • [EXISTING] *Bug 800361* [fm radio] Radio is not playing any sound
    • [EXISTING] *Bug 800263* [fm radio] Launch the FM Radio with headphone already plugged-in will cause screen freeze
    • [EXISTING] *Bug 804098* [Contacts] No buttons to call or send SMS from Contact Detail
    • [EXISTING] *Bug 798156* [camera] Clicking on the thumbnail does not restore photo to full screen view
    • [EXISTING] *Bug 804469* [Marketplace] Installed app can't be removed immediately if it has been executed (need reboot)
  • Still finding blockers in the log, need to be addressed ASAP. many are still open after >3 days
  • Much work regarding mapping UCs to testcases; filling in missing testcases; syncing our process closer to TEFs.
  • Still running smoketests, starting to run regression tests as features land and test suites become available.
  • dogfooding devices are slowly rolling out now, bugs incoming
  • QA working through a qawanted list

UX Visual Design Performance Meta Bugs: "Operation Caffeine and Cigarettes" A similar metabug has been created to track Gecko performance issues: "Operation Slim Fast" Animations / Transitions owner, Steve bugmail: Still Tweaking Fonts on the render engine side with Joe Drew and Jeff Muizelaar, basically trying to increase anti aliasing and reducing / removing the double draw. Need someone for simple CSS change approvals, doesn't need to be Vivien.

Status Updates

Late feature work:

  • Payments (Ferjm, Marketplace) - ETA 10/26
  • Identity (Badida, Jedp) - ETA 10/26 - LANDED
  • Software Update - System+3rdParty (Etienne, Fabrice) - ETA 10/26
  • Firmware updates (Marshall) - Faramarz finding status, might need new owner for Gaia pieces
  • Email:
  • Calendar app (James Lal) - Memory/Perf
  • First-Run Experience (Francisco, Borja) - ETA 10/19 for review. Some bugs needs to be fixed.
  • Bluetooth file transfer (Ian Liu)
    • pr being reviewed by evelyn
    • integration w/ other apps
    • waiting for bluetooth progress api
    • need spec update from casey - ping jinghua
    • eta evelyn on review?
  • Facebook integration (Jose Manuel & Cristian) - fine tuning implementation, test cases defined and testing started, currently changing some UX flows and adding building blocks (except lists as it is being changed).
  • (Christian) - some defects appeared when it was move to lazy loading (to improve performance), so had to work in reparing them (now it is working again), removed bouncing when moving to last screen, removing also bouncing in dock, updating landing page to add time (reviewing visual implementation), bookmarks finished but crash because of a bug in platform, a bug detected in time update (it was done several times a second, it happens in some other apps).
  • System notification: not connected to the network (MichalN) - needs bug #?
  • ADU reporting (GPS) - implementing Firefox Health Report
  • SIM Toolkit (Frsela) - some pull requests pending to be approved, almost ready for testing (got a set of SIMs cards from ZTE for testing all commands), still some dependencies on hardware providers related to events, no solution yet for VIVO SIM activation (it can appear in the middle of First Run Experience).
    • Bug #800261 - PLAY_TONES -> I need the tones to play
    • Bug #800264 - Pending Call & Location event downloads to be landed
  • Crash reporting (Margaret, ?) -
    • main ui landed
    • settings needs landing
    • need to enumerate other blockers on that meta bug, determine if need owner, etc
    • Main dialog/banner UI is landed, but we're still automatically submitting crash reports on the backend until the settings part is done -
  • Updates on billed connection (Etienne) - needs bug #

If lands we could change the wording on the gaia side to warn the user about the billed connection when he/she starts to download updates, but not much more. Pausing downloads for example will require platform work.

  • Cell Broadcast (Vicamo) -
  • Cost Control (Salva, Fernando Campo) - Pending of sync meeting with Vivien. Linking content from system is required in order to show the widget in the notification tray.
  • System message issues (Salva, Borja) - system message handlers appear on card view and prevent the user to open the application because the window manager thinks the app is already opened.
  • B2G memory optimizer (Salva, Borja) - some applications need to be kept alive It is bad if keyboard, homescreen, or first running cannot be kept alive. Re-launch the application could be bad for an interaction point of view. We should distinguish between different grades of priorities to avoid B2G kill essential applications.

(Josh, let's add System open issues here as well) Last week:

  • Payments (Ferjm, Marketplace) - ETA 10/26
  • Identity (Badida, Jedp) - ETA 10/26
  • Software Update - System+3rdParty (Etienne, Fabrice) - ETA 10/26
    • landed 10/30
  • Firmware updates (Marshall) - Faramarz finding status, might need new owner for Gaia pieces
  • Email (Asuth, ETA - 10/26). asuth able to finish out these features now or the pieces that aren't being handled by others.
  • Cost Control (Salva, Fernando Campo) - working in first time set-up, handling gaps on charts (time periods when the same SIM is not present),updating according to latests wireframes and visuals, some tuning related to error codes and notifications. Discussion about OOP issues and SMS DOM API removal.
  • First-Run Experience (Francisco, Borja) - ETA 10/19 for review
  • Calendar app (James Lal) - Notifications. Mostly done, has perf issues. ETA 10/19
  • Bluetooth file transfer (Ian Liu) - PR by 10/19, blocked on platform api
  • Facebook integration (Jose Manuel & Cristian) - fine tuning implementation, test cases defined and testing started, currently changing some UX flows and adding building blocks (except lists as it is being changed).
  • (Christian) - some defects appeared when it was move to lazy loading (to improve performance), so had to work in reparing them (now it is working again), removed bouncing when moving to last screen, removing also bouncing in dock, updating landing page to add time (reviewing visual implementation), bookmarks finished but crash because of a bug in platform, a bug detected in time update (it was done several times a second, it happens in some other apps).
  • System notification: not connected to the network (MichalN) - anything to do here?
  • ADU reporting (GPS) - implementing Firefox Health Report
  • SIM Toolkit (Frsela) - some pull requests pending to be approved, almost ready for testing (got a set of SIMs cards from ZTE for testing all commands), still some dependencies on hardware providers related to events, no solution yet for VIVO SIM activation (it can appear in the middle of First Run Experience).
  • Crash reporting (Margaret, ?) -
  • Updates on billed connection (Etienne)
  • Cell Broadcast (Vicamo) -



Payments & Identity

Firefox Browser (Ben, Dale, Larissa, Naoki)

    • blocking+ browser bugs;component=Gaia%3A%3ABrowser;resolution=---;list_id=4618195
   blocked by
   (seems to have stalled)
    • can't enter space in browser URL bar
  blocked by
  (keyboard inputMode support landed but was backed out)
    • Browser responds to wrong contextmenu data
  blocked by 
  (needs re-assigning)
  • Last Week
    • One remaining feature has now been marked blocking-
   Expire old visits, places and favicons
    • blocking+ browser bugs;component=Gaia%3A%3ABrowser;resolution=---;list_id=4618195
   blocked by
   (assigned to Patrick Wang)
    • can't enter space in browser URL bar
  blocked by
  (keyboard inputMode support, assigned to djf)
    • Browser responds to wrong contextmenu data
  blocked by 
  (which Dale was working on but might need help from Olli or someone else)

Calendar (James, Michal, cyee)

    • Wrap up blockers / perf bugs
  • Last Week
    • More integration tests
    • Perf Performance for existing calendars
    • Notifications of events

Camera (Dale, Frank) Dale says "All of the camera side of video recording is complete, its now a few platform bugs and Gallery support which is in progress"

  • Last Week
    • Fully Feature Complete, last visual dev applied
    • Video recording is blocked
    • IxD interactions between gallery and camera app discussed and clarified during SP work week with Casey. Need to follow up with Dale on feature completeness.
    • needs some integration with Gallery app, including web activity support for jumping directly to gallery edit mode.
  • Camera is pretty much complete, there are 3 blocking basecamps issues and all of them are blocked on platform, when the platform side is fixed I will need to write some gaia side support but not much. I am going to try seeing if I can give mikeh some help on the platform side

Clock (Ian, Frederico, Frank Lee)

    • Polish Clock APP.
    • Other bugs fixing. [Clock] Time picker messes up when (1) set alarm (2) kill app (3) alarm fires -- Keep to ingestigate alarm does not goes off on time. - [Clock] Update analog clock face background to avoid banding issues - clock app - polish

    • - [clock] Need final alarm sound and update their labels to human readable form - need Patryk supply real file
    • Peter is going to harmonize visual design of in-flow time selector w/ the modal version that TEF visual design team has created.
  • Last Week

Contacts (Alberto, Etienne, Josh, Ayman's specs, Steve's visual design)

  • Performance
  • Aplying Buttons BB

  • Last Week
  • Remove all inline JS cause of CSP
  • Bugfixing
  • Settings for contacts
  • Fix unit tests
  • Contacts repainting issues (
    • Unit test for FB contacts
    • New edit mode
    • New settings section
    • Bottom-Top transitions
    • Sync contacts with the dialer tab
    • Bugfixing and stabilisation
    • Fix all the bugs related to the Contacts tab in the dialer and activities

Mail web activities, the call from contacts is in place but email is not opening the correct compose window. (This is actually not a blocker, but we should track it)

    • A bit of refactoring to make the code testeable
  • Contacts integrated in the dialer (thx Alberto, Etienne and Fabrice!)
  • Remove contact photo via long press
  • Carrier field added
  • Added new flow when the contacts is being show as an activity to pick numbers
  • Add an image to the contact from the gallery
  • Finish integrate Contacts and Dialer
  • Added fixed headers UI (reusable for Dialer and SMS)
  • Patch to support non-ASCII characters properly
  • Import SIM contacts working
  • Bug fixing (of course :))
  • Finish the work with webactivities, both the ones we provide plus the ussage of the gallery one and email.
  • Integrating contacts with dialer (omg!) waiting for multiple entry points being enabled with activities.(Already integrated in a local branch, copying the contacts app inside the dialer during the building process)
  • Use web activities for picking the photo from the gallery
    • Working in favorites, refactoring pull effect, adding extra fields and the search functionality
    • Minor VsD tweaks ongoing.

Dialer (Etienne, Josh, Borja, German, Fernando, Ayman's specs, Steve's visual design) - Phone number normalization: Checking Library proposal of Andreas Gal. - USSD (Germán) - already done:

 - Currently discussing if further work is needed on the UI side after the inclusion the USSD session ending (

- BB for Headers and Input Fields (USSD) have been applied

    • Multiple calls visuals landed
    • The Dialer in now OOP \o/

Incoming call in Lock screen (swipe gesture to receive the call) already implemented

    • We've managed to include the "fixed headers" functionality in the call log so users have a clear view of what day they are seeing the calls of.
    • Information about the phone type and carrier (if any) is shown in the attention screen, outgoing calls screen and the call log.

Polish polish polish :) <-- yeah Include

  • This week
    • New CSP needs code changes.
    • USSD:
      • Update of the USSD functionality according to the latest UX guidelines already done ( .
      • Bug reported regarding notifying the closing of a USSD session: Guillermo is still working on it
      • There is another issue under discussion with the "platform guys" regarding the closing of USSD sessions by any app with access to mozMobileConnection or only by the "owner" of the session. The USSD feature only accepts 1 active connection at a time as defined by the specification. This issue is related to the fact that more than 1 app may want to send USSD messages (such as the Dialer app and the Cost Control app) and a proper management of the connections has to be made in these situations.
      • The bug is finally solved. To this regard, we'll have a meeting tomorrow (X, 24th) to discuss and to decide if further work is needed on the UI side.

[BLOCKED] Call log threading is not working due to this functionality is blocked. You could see the discussion here:

  • NOTES for Dialer
    • Issue 3033: Lock screen + Active call -> unblocked
      • Flagged Rafa + Ayman in email + issue CC, 8/5, for UX.
      • Flagged CLee to comment on feature importance for v1. I believe it's must-have.

Update from TEF on implementation?

    • Call waiting:
      • Ayman handling
      • Good to go? --> yep implemented
      • Sparked ongoing debate over best way to implement Carrier field. Sounds like that's been resolved? --> landed
    • Active Call UI --> visuals coming this week
      • [JC] Nudged Ayman again in 8/6 email to add to Dialer specs as per Status Bar doc.
  • Last Week
    • Performance issue fixed by platform! <- \o/
    • Multiple call POC ok, waiting for visuals
  • Call waiting:
    • [JC] Under debate by PM's for v1 inclusion (see "Call waiting" thread). Have asked Ayman + Erik to proceed with necessary UX, regardless.
  • Active Call status bar overlay
    • Josh: created "Active Call" UI as part of Status Bar doc. Awaiting vet from Ayman.

Email (Andrew (:asuth), Jim Porter (:squib), Casey (:cyee), Steve(:schung), Naoki(:nhirata), Dominic (:dkuo)

  • Was Bad News, now Good: MozTCPSocket is undefined (affecting IMAP) under our nightly Otoro builds because of a dumb Makefile error than landed on Oct 4th; we just identified the problem, will get a fix in today:
  • Things slowing us down:
    • asuth: painting problems/homescreen crashes on linux b2g-desktop, even having trouble just pushing profiles to the device. Self-build from today seems better?
  • Fixes on-deck:
    • [Steve and Dominic] Various UI cleanups in the front-end; asuth reviewing now (b2g complicating testing...)
      • [dkuo] Apply header and button BB for email
    • [asuth] Autoconfig fixes for 404's; co-mingled with move/delete patch, waiting on that
    • [asuth] IMAP timezone server fixes, re-greening of unit tests; co-mingled with move/delete patch
  • Very soon now:
    • [asuth] IMAP move/delete support (with various other job fixes) and tests; optimistically hoping to have it operational per tests late today, otherwise tomorrow.
  • Notable Features that we would ideally still implement after stabilization: (Same as last week):

ActiveSync (Jim Porter (:squib), Asuth)

  • This week:
    • More fake server
    • HTML support
  • Last week:
    • Work on fake server (for tests)
    • Investigate timeout issues

FM Radio (Pin)

    • Toggle feature is removed out of v1.
    • Gecko: finish implementation, clean code and submit patches to bugzilla for review. [landed][bug 779500]
    • Gaia: Finish the implementation, work with Casey & Peter to tweak the UI
  • Last Week
    • 90% Complete, just awaiting final layout tweaks with new button positioning
    • [PA] This will have to wait till post 7/20, as other components (app icons) are slipping due to the IxD churn
  • Open issues:
    • Revised IxD: tweaked this week, and it looks good. Confirm final placement of UI elements and have Peter finalize VsD. Try to have complete for Tuesday (keyscreens + assets, if possible) so devs have at least few days to implement for 7/20.
    • FM Radio API thread: appears to have concluded.
    • Steven: Got new patch from Q

FTU/FTE/FRU/FTE/FRU (Borja,Vivien,Francisco Jordano): - Blocked by the following bugs (are related): Implementatation: Why dont we work together on this one ? Gallery (David):

    • I need a clear answer on whether Gallery is going to play videos for v1.
    • Contributor Adityab may work on the video playback piece
    • Various gallery bugs are accumulating while I work on keyboard and activities

Home (TEF UX, Josh, Cristian, Michal) Cristian is working in optimizing the integration. Putting back the landing page. Performance.

  • Animation polishing
    • Cristian removed bouncing effect in panning requested by Josh
  • BB Integration (i.e. search)
  • Review of bookmarking/installation cases (duplicates, etc.)
    • Vivien and Cristian have almost the UI Wrapper integrated in Gaia
    • From we can currently differentiate between origin and specific search URI (e.g. and ) so we can avoid duplicates
  • Last Week
    • Scrollable Dock (up to 7 items) alreday implemented and merged by Cristian
    • Transitions: Apply opacity from Landing Page to Grid background
    • Landing Page as start-up page and when clicking Home in the Grid
    • Panning code optimitation to reach 50-60 fps

Bug fixing

    • Open issues around Search. TF+Moz follow up happening next week.

Lock Screen [PLEASE SKIP] (Tim, Josh)

  • Nothing is currently working on in Gaia
    • cjones is investgating CSS pref issue

    • Complete final thing before v1; confirm transition, polish
    • Nothing
  • Last Week
    • Transitions:
      • Revised version from Rafa mentioned at
        • Confirm Tim has received.
      • [JC] Patryk/Steve: recommend email proposed transitions doc to dev-gaia and solicit feedback re: performance viability, particularly from Chris Jones + Andreas
    • Emergency keypad:
      • Confirmed w/ Tim that it has been implemented as per Erik's mockups.
      • in-review
  • Last Last Week

Music (Dominic, DJF, Frank)

    • Search music.
    • Polish the UI.
    • [Dominic] Help on E-mail app.
  • djf's workaround solved this problem.
    • [CYee] v1 playlist requirements confirmed - creating automatic playlists only. no user created or synced playlists from computer.
  • Last Week
  • [Dominic] Added mostly images which exported from the PSD file, applied header BB and some styles to fit visual design, will keep polishing.

PDF Viewer (Josh)

Settings (Kaze, Pavel, Evelyn, Josh)

  • Settings feature complete
  • Bluetooth file sharing UI is ongoing
  • Small API change on bluetooth and SIM card
  • Last (last) Week

Task owner:

  • bluetooth settings: Evelyn (done)
  • bluetooth file sharing: Ian
  • Date/Time: Ian (done)
  • Device/Media Storage: Rudy (done)
  • SIM card settings: Evelyn (done)
  • Passcode settings: alive (done)
  • Wifi/Data connection: kaze (done)
  • First Run Experience in Settings: kaze
  • App permission: Etienne
  • done: using building blocks for headers and switches
  • done: unified look&feel (consistent panels)
  • screen reader (and accessibility menu) have been removed
  • Bluetooth:
    • discover devices, rename my phone. (reviewing, some platform bugs found)
    • [BLOCKED] pair device is blocked on platform implemetation
  • SIM PIN (on going, need spec update for issue → implemented but serious UX regression, see
  • Wi-Fi: clickable “show passord” checkbox, authentication failure reports
  • brightness can't be zeroed any more

SMS & MMS (Steve Chung, Fernando Campo, Borja, Francisco Jordano) - Feature complete. [Note] Take care of

  • This week:
    • Tests for 160 char bug
    • Discussion about removing background services and use system messages instead
  • Last week:
    • Fixed 2 contacts sharing one phone number situation
    • Fixed CSP
    • Fixed BuildingBlocks for inputs

Next week:

    • Review performance and check behaviour described in :

    • SMS bigger than 160 characters cannot be sent.
    • Include BB of 'input' and so forth. Header and Edit mode are already working.

[Blocked] Vicamo is working in this bug (B2G SMS: can't sent multipart messages in some countries):

  • Last Week
    • Known UI bugs fixing.
    • TEF QA testing for more bugs and issues.

Video (Dale, DJF, Josh)

  • This Week
    • Dale says "currently chasing up platform blockers with video"
  • Last Week

Code Complete! (apart from recently found minor issues)


General Activities [djf] I'll be reviewing the activities we've made up and making them sane: Activities are part of our public API and they need a review before finalizing them for v1.^^ Anyone want to take that bug? I'm busier than expected with predictive text/word suggestions from the keyboard.

App Error Josh

App Error "Other"

App Crash Reports

Browser Error pages

App Install Josh

  • Etienne dev?
  • need updated specs (#4948)
  • bug #790558
  • Communicate to eng managers that we have work that needs to get done
  • Dietrich is figuring out who central dispatch is for engineering resources

App Updates Josh

  • New spec from Josh pending, aiming for Monday
  • App Uninstall
  • App Security

Bluetooth Kyle, Casey, Marco, Ian

  • [Casey] This week: Bluetooth headset is confirmed by @clee as a requirement. UX is defined in Dialer specs.
  • [Ian] Open received file. (Need spec. definition in detail) - needinfo - cyee
  • Develop Bluetooth APP for data transfer.
  • [Ian] Discuss UX for how to notify and open the saving file.
  • [Ian] bluetooth file transfer - in review - evelyn

Boot sequence Casey (as part of FTE)

Building blocks Sergi, Ismael, etc.

  • Much of the components have landed.
  • Commenting and applying feedback, updating main bb repo with Gaia merge changes.
  • Sergie and Arnau implementing common controls
  • Need to address taxonomy with @jcarpenter @cyee

Cost control

  • Most ot the functionality landed in Gaia
  • The cost control functionality should be only available if a Vivo SIM is inserted.
  • Data usage part is blocked on bug
  • [Casey] This week: There has been several complaints about unwanted SMS charges on peoples personal accounts due to this feature while dogfooding. It would be make sense to add some sort of toggle for this feature. It shoud be solved.
  • It is not OOP but making it OOP need a deep though about the features and architecture
  • Affected by SMS DOM API removal.
  • Data Usage Charts landed but incomplete (not handling time periods without the SIM: gaps) Rafa, Josh, Cristian


  • No news this week

Font Patryk

  • [Casey] This week: Font has been landed and is ready for use in Gaia.
  • from mwu: for any future changes in the fonts, feel free to commit directly to the moztt repo - . As long as the file names do not change, no special changes are required. If files are added/removed/renamed, I can update the fonts. (adding/removing fonts requires updating two repos)
  • Please test apps using font-family: MozTT, the font should be quite similar to Open Sans with regards to size, weights and other font properties. It should be a simple straightforward replace -- @Patryk can confirm correct font implementation.
  • Next steps: Implement font as main font in Body.

Localization & Copy Josh

FIle Management Casey

  • Bluetooth file receive behavior for compatible file types need to be verified. [Casey]: Ian is handling this part. Need to follow up with progress.
  • Mail attatchment downloads file types. [Casey]: Specced in Mail.
  • Browser downloads
  • how do you get back to a pdf file you viewed via pdf viewer from email, for example? [Casey]: Attachments will remain openable from Email message after download.

FTE: Setup Casey

  • [Casey] This week: FTE implementation underway. All open questions should now be answered.
  • Need to follow up with Vivien for progress.
  • Open threads:
  • Time zone selection [Casey]: Implemented into Settings app -- should be using the same scheme for FTE.
  • FxOS brand touches [Casey]: Followed up with Peter Scanlon with no response.
  • Startup sequence: [Casey]: Peterla has animation out to mwu for implementation.
  • Mozilla screens [Casey]: @lco legal copy still outstanding?

FTE: Tutorials

  • Casey defining Tutorials/Tool tips.
  • first draft spec, low priority
  • implementation work not started

Hardware Reqs Josh

  • Device mockups being produced

Identity + Payments Josh, Maria

  • Major meetings in SF this week to finalize architecture.
  • Need to assign UX and dev ownership once architecture confirmed. Ricardo feels it makes sense for Moz to take UX lead on end-to-end pieces, if Moz devs are doing most of code.

Internet SharingCasey

Keyboard & Text-Handling

  • [djf] I'm working on making text predictions usable. This is taking longer than expected. Can we blocking+ this? It would make it easier for me to land my fixes.
  • Had a good conversation with Rafael, and I know what I need to do t
  • Rudy, Christoph, Tim, Casey, Ricardo, Yuan, Wenbin, Salva)
  • Rudy working on implementing date picker with James Lal's implementation form Calendar.
  • Rudy has implemented select option.
  • Filed bug for input box selection.

Notifications Scrolling Cody+Patryk

  • Cody is loading his prototypes onto device, his treatment will then be applied to all async scrolling. Said on 9/20 that it would be loaded 9/21.

SIM SIM Application Toolkit (frsela)

Sound Casey [Casey] In progress.

  • Sound priority matrix is being created.

Status Bar Josh

  • Activity indicator progress is proceeding

System Updates Josh

  • Josh to contact Marshall re: current status
  • Josh to try to land updated specs on Monday
  • Josh: Reginaldo from Vivo had following questions. Forwarded them to Clee and Cjones 9/12. Awaiting response.
  • "It would be nice if Vivo could customize the messages prompted to the user before the updates"
  • "Do you know if this update mechanism will take use of the push platform that’s being developed by Telefonica Digital?"

System Overlays Volume level Josh+Alive

USB Connection Casey

Battery notifications that appear when device is turned ON Josh+Alive

Battery indicators that appear when device is turned OFF Josh

Trustworthy UI Josh, Ayman

  • Peter produced a visual design mockup late last week.
  • Decisions being made this week (9/17-9/21) in Identity+Payments meetings are going to directly influence what we do.
  • Latest thinking from Lucas is that we should place UI within non-transparent inset frame, atop Home app background.
  • Josh meeting w/ Ricardo and Ayman today to discuss. & Off-origin content Josh

Wrapper Rafa, Josh, Cristian

  • Bookmarking flow
  • Wrapper UX
  • need permissions, cpd, etc information from christian
  • lots of open questions
  • need product input around firefox-coherence policy regarding browser-ish things (privacy, data, etc)
  • Are driving conversation here:

Visual Design

Visual Design: Graphics (Patryk, Peter, ?)

  • App Icons: done
  • Font will likely be delayed for v.2
  • Sounds being landed already - is complete?
  • Wallpapers - what's left here?
  • Form Elements
  • Dialog Elements
  • System Styling
  • Content Permissions
  • Activities (Intents)

User Documentation and Support

This week:

  • support seems scary
  • Links to support on the phone are not correct (link from browser, link from settings)
  • Meeting with TEF support and ops tomorrow

Last week:

  • Kickoff weekly support readiness meetings
  • Iterating on mobile designs for SUMO