Welcome to C3
- Convergence milestones: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-convergence-landing
- C3 Blocker report: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/c3.html
- Overall Status: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/counts.html
- Dashboard updates:
- Burndown: http://people.mozilla.org/~lmandel/basecamp/
- Long-poles: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/
- Blocker owners/fixes: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/blockers.html
- Meeting connection details: httphs://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G#Meetings
- Weekly B2G project-wide summary now updated at https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-status
- Gaia bug triage is now daily: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-triage-plan The meeting takes place in the B2G Vidyo room http://j.mp/K03h7e. Notes and bug searches are at https://etherpad.mozilla.org/gaia-triage.
- Daily smoketest results for this week: http://bit.ly/MJjDYA
- Join the Mozilla community directory! Not much B2G representation there yet: https://mozillians.org/en-US/search?q=b2g
- Previous meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Meeting_Notes
- For market / competitive questions reach out to Irina (email@example.com) or Grace (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- (tchung) All bug queries for the project are now consolidated at https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/Triage. Add other queries that would be useful to share.
- https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Hacking has been updated, please help improve it to help new contributors
- Unit tests and code review: Unit tests are required for landings. Code reviewers, you should deny r+ for patches without tests!
- Documentation: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Boot_to_Gecko/Gaia_Unit_Tests (with included script to easily launch tests with FF nightly on Mac and Linux)
Note - New Gaia bugzilla components created for each app/area, help migrate bugs into those respective components. This week
7 Smoketest blockers needing fixes: https://bit.ly/12mZQUp
Vetting testcase results from QAnalysts; trying to fix test areas. Our schedule:
Friday, Dec 14th - complete all testcases, fixing/modifying/ importing; complete automated Gaia UI tests on device (22 tests so far working)
12/18: still in progress. still a lot of areas that need testcase vetting (app management work, payments, ID, and settings)
Friday, Dec 28th - complete a full first time run on the B2G v1.0 TestRun.
12/18 Update: Still on track, we cut a first pass of testrun today
Jan 14th - verify Gaia and B2G fixed bugs
Daily Execution results in https://www.dropbox.com/s/1unyemlzmh8ngjd/moztrap_b2g_reports_2012-12-18.zip
performing end to end testing against crash reporting and socorro
signed off on release engineering builds posted on pvtbuilds location
lots of triage, and a tall list of bug verifications to go through
Working hard to close QA Wanted: http://bit.ly/SDW05y - currently 27 bugs affected
Mutiple device coverage coming soon
Blockers are trending down! Thanks Devs for fixing stuff! as a result: 12-3 build has been one of the stabilist to date
Moving to a "beta" channel soon, reflashing dogfooders, fresh start
Contract QA Team still working through test areas (running test passes, reviewing testcaes); following areas are still pending:
Utility Tray, Keyboard and Text handling, First Time Experience, Sound, SIM Lpck, System Bluetooth, Wrapper, Dialer, Contacts, Cost Control, Facebook, SMS, Keyboard. Task breakdown here: http://bit.ly/U4qoCh
Plan - clean up all our first pass of failed/invalid tests, and will respin a brand new testrun to go through a 1st pass
Working hard to close QA Wanted: http://bit.ly/SDW05y - currently 21 bugs affected
Dec 18: + fixing bugs and landing them in UX branch + triaging bugs daily with "visual design" and "interaction" white boards + slowly transitiong into planning for v.2, so that dev doesn't need to wait for specs when we're all ready to begin work + a few of us are working on v.1.1, currently completing specs, looks like visual design is going to be have minimal impact.
-Office hours for b2g testers last week, will also do the same this week to get folks updated and fix anyone who is on a new build, but not on the beta channel -Cheng out rest of year, Michelle to report feedback with help from Tyler Downer -Please use relnotes whiteboard/keyword for any bugs that we don't get fixed that need documentation! ADD YOUR STUFF HERE! SMS: - Some issues in Gecko to be solved in order to get the right user experience. Latest one related with 'markAsRead' is: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=820310 All tracked in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=806592 Cost Control:
- Refactor is almost done. All functionalities have been recovered. - Looking for unexpected regressions and bugs - Statistics API flaw can be worked arount in Gaia - I need to land the code although it lacks of: - Using system messages to keep Telephony statistics synchronized - Remaining bb+ bugs are delayed until finishing #816927 (hope nex friday to finish, and next week to land). I need some help here.
- Planning workshop (version next/roadmap) next week with the product/UX/marketing/engineering leads
C3 Status Check
Late feature work:
- All remaining bugs with "feature" keyword: http://j.mp/VAIvke
- Report: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/c3.html
- P1 C3 blocking bugs: http://j.mp/S4UdIE