Weekly Gaia Development Meeting
- Date: 2015-03-03
- Meeting connection details: https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G#Meetings
- Host: Ben Francis
- Minutes copied to the wiki by host each week https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Meeting_Notes
Alternate Meeting Times:
- "Early" meetings: Tues 9:00am SF, Wed 12:00am Taipei
- "Late" meetings: Tues 6:00pm SF, Wed 9:00am Taipei
Announcements & Notices
Add your workweeks, new hires, other announcements:
- Daylight saving time? Starts Sunday in the US.
- Will change Gaia meeting to PST
- None today. Talk about v3 architecture design coming next week or the week after.
- Should this meeting be on Air Mozilla, or are the meeting minutes on the wiki enough?
- Email dev-gaia, but probably just record important meetings and upload later
- [Kevin] Moving dev_apps into apps/*/test/fixtures
- Discussing merging tv apps back into main ones
- V3 architecture?
- Talk next week.
- b2g-desktop vs mulet
- Integration tests main use of b2g-desktop, working on getting them running on mulet
- b2g-desktop may be disabled in future
- Python UI tests need migrating
- Any plans for Google Summer of Code?
- So far not in the programme this year
- No update
- No update
Talking this week: Sprint tracking wiki: https://wiki.mozilla.org/FirefoxOS/productivity Notes: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/fxos-productivity The Team: asuth, evanxd, gaye, lightsofapollo, doliver, jrburke, mcav, millermedeiros, awiss, jhford, cserran, tony (qa), william hsu (qa), jhuang (ux), harly (ux) Updates:
- Doing well with blockers, reviewing nominations weekly
Media front end
Talking this week: Our team: Dave Hylands, David Flanagan, Mike Habicher, Jim Porter, Hema Koka, Dominic Kuo, John Hu, Diego Marcos, Wilson Page, Justin D'Arcangelo , Punam Dahiya (part-time), Russ Nicoletti (part-time) Product: Sri Kasetti Ux: Rob MacDonald, Patryk Adamczyk EPM: Candice Serran QA: Marcia Knous Updates:
- Landed hardware keys to capture start/stop recording for camera
- Discussion about the future of the music app, how can we provide a service like Spotify or Google Music? Plugin style architecture?
- Sounds like Songbird!
Talking this week: Updates:
- Working on blockers.
- About to land a patch in contacts similar to email to cache generated HTML
- Landed event_dispatcher.js in shared/, a mixin to add methods like emit, on, off to objects. For more info read David Flanagan's style comments in https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/blob/master/shared/js/event_dispatcher.js
Systems front end
Talking this week: Ben Sprint tracking wiki: https://wiki.mozilla.org/FirefoxOS/systemsfe Daily standups: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/fxos-systems-frontend2-0 The team: cserran, gwagner, qdot, michael h, aus, alexandr, francis, jason, pdol, benfrancis, daleharvey, gmarty, sfoster, naoki, tef, tedders1 Updates:
- 2.2 feature complete!
- Multiple search suggestion providers
- Search UI refactoring (including EverythingMe removal)
- RTL support
- Private Browsing
- App short_name support
- Currently have 19 2.2 blockers https://wiki.mozilla.org/FirefoxOS/systemsfe/releasetracking#FxOS-Systems_Frontend_Blocker_2.2_Dashboard
- Scroll snapping has landed!
945584 – Implement CSS scroll snapping | https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=945584 for FxOS only at this point.