Merged with master:
- Update the UX Branch Daily by fetching and merging from upstream/master
- Review pull requests 2-3 times a week
- Check bug in Bugzilla.
- Priority is given to commits that address bugs targeted for uxbranch
- Add Status Whiteboard "uxbranch" (if it doesn't have the tag already)
- Only one commit per fix!
- Make sure commit message is in correct format and has a bug number. If commit message is incorrect, we must make sure to fix it when we cherry-pick the commit at the end of the week (see below). If necessary, apply as patch and fix commit message.
- Review patch, understand risk-level of patch
- Apply patch locally and test on-device
- If all is OK, merge pull request. Then, in Bugzilla:
- Add Status Whiteboard "landed in uxbranch"
- Add a link to the commit in your comment
- Create a pull request for landed, qa-verified bugs every week.
- Cherry pick commits verified by QA and merged into UX, but not yet in master. Prefer cherry-picking the original commit instead of the merge commit.
- Issue pull request.
- Include links to bugs in pull request message.
Note: you can get the original commit for a merge by clicking on the right-hand parent commit.
To keep commit history clean, sometimes it makes sense to use git patch instead of merging a pull request. When patching, use git am to preserve the original commit details.
- Status Whiteboard: uxbranch all bugs targeted for, or merged into UX Branch
- Status Whiteboard: uxbranch, qa-verified all UX branch bugs that have been verified by QA
- Status Whiteboard: landed in uxbranch all bugs landed in UX Branch
- Status Whiteboard: uxbranch AND NOT qa-verified everything yet to be verified by QA
- Status Whiteboard: landed in uxbranch, qa-verified AND open candidates for merge with master