There is bug 212342 about Gecko:Web DAV support in Mozilla.
There are entries on Darin's and Robert's blog, too.
I see two directions where we need discussion, one would be the possible uses of Gecko:Web DAV in Mozilla or Firefox and the rest of the gang, the other would be how to factor the required code and how to expose it.
- publishing in editor and NVu
- publishing in calendar
- basis for support of protocols like CalDAV
- data exchange in the office
- remote profiles
- launching third party Gecko:Web DAV enabled apps (e.g.: openoffice passing the URL, not a temp file)
- viewing webDAV server contents (e.g.: Apache/moddav, iDisk, Stellent Content Server etc.)
Each of these need details, and a list of required Gecko:Web DAV features.
Suggestions I have seen so far are
- component implementing a scriptable interface, like xmlrpc or other xmlextras
- mapping of Gecko:Web DAV features into a RDF datasource
- implementation of nsIFile (nsGecko:Web DAVFile) would seem natural (would this give us the RDF data source for "free"?)
I probably missed quite a few, and this is far from giving anybody a idea what to do, I guess.