Grow/Meeting 08 23 12
- Meeting time: Thursday, August 23 at 10 AM Pacific / 17:00 UTC (times around the world)
- Video: David Boswell's vidyo room (use this link for guest access)
- Audio: If video doesn't work, call +1 800 707 2533, pin 369, conf 9634#
- Room: Get to da Choppa in Mountain View 3rd floor
- Back channel: irc://irc.mozilla.org#mozillians
- Reminder for David to record video :)
- Please feel free to take notes: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/grow-mozilla-notes-08-23-12
- Community Spotlight: Mozilla India
- Last Grow Mozilla discussion before MozCamp on September 8-9. Will cancel meeting on September 6 in two weeks since people will be traveling then.
- MozCamp (Kate)
- Approved sessions
- Preparing to run or attend a session
- Creating a MozCamp mobile app
- Evolution of the Mozilla Manifesto (Mike)
- Community blog discussion: https://blog.mozilla.org/community/2012/08/23/the-mozilla-manifesto-looking-ahead/
- Session at MozCamp
- How to use the cloud at work (Stacy)
- Contributor metrics (David)
- Creating a dashboard of dashboards at https://wiki.mozilla.org/Contribute/Dashboards
- Please add anything from your project there so we'll have one place to reference
- Materials to use at events get people to get involved (Leo)
- Follow up on business card idea from last meeting
- New video about contributing to Mozilla (Vineel)
- Localizing the Get Involved page (David)
Other items if there's time
- Report back: Next steps for video footage from Summit
- Report back: Town halls and giving contributors more of a voice
- Question: How can we help events be more effective at bringing in contributors?
- Question: How do you balance doing something yourself vs. helping someone do something?
- Question: How do people deal with negative feedback and stop energy?
- Feel free to add more questions or other agenda items...