Meeting of Evangelism Task Force: May 15, 2014
Date: May 15, 2014
Time: 10:30pm IST
Location: "Evangelism Task Force" chat thread on FaceBook
- Discuss process of onboarding new members. - [Kaustav] (15 mins)
- Bugzilla form vs other means
- Identify new members and reach out to them. Create a procedure for this. - [Kaustav] (15 mins)
- Our role in MozCamp beta India 2014 - [Kaustav] (15 mins)
- Any particular plans during summer vacations especially for college students. - [Akshat]
- Regions not yet covered wrt any awareness (dev related)
Kaustav Das Modak, Shahid Ali Farooqui, Akshat Kedia, Jaipradeesh, Priyanka Nag, Sayak Sarkar, Soumya Deb, Ankit Gadgil, Sudheesh.
- Onboarding new members: Bugzilla form
- [ACTION ITEM]: Kaustav to help Deb create a custom template for Bugzilla. Any help is welcome.
- Form fields, SoPs etc need to be worked out.
- If existing members want to nominate someone, they will ask that person to fill out the form mentioned above, and add a comment with their nomination in that bug.
- Not much active role to play in MozCamp Beta for the ETF, but we can use that experience to learn and share that knowledge in the community, through:
- Events on Firefox OS
- Community training in respective regions
- Engage students in summertime activities:
- Involve students and existing FSAs for FxOS promotions based on training received at MozCamp beta
- Prepare a learning pathway for maker party, possibly collaborate with webmaker training team and teach-the-web team. (Contact Laura Hilliger?) - Webmaker task force can help take this forward.
- Spread out to regions where we do not have reach yet:
- Wait till training at MozCamp Beta
- Launch coordinated efforts nationwide in July
- Scope is huge and we are too few people now. Possibly recruit new team members.
- Next meeting: June 19, 2014.