- 1 Persian (fa)
- 2 Getting Started
- 2.1 Projects & Priorities (overall status)
- 2.2 Useful Links
- 2.3 Localizing SUpport.MOzilla.org (SUMO)
- 2.4 Tools
- 2.5 Mailing List
- 2.6 Bug Report
- 2.7 Working Repository and Latest Version
- 2.8 Products
- 2.9 Contributors (sorted alphabetically by last name)
- 2.10 Old Resources
Active Team Members
- In case you want to be added in this list, please let us know. See the contact detail bellow.
|Amir Farsiemail@example.com||Mozilla Support Articles and UI of Mozilla Websites|
|Behnam Esfahbod "ZWNJ"||firstname.lastname@example.org||General/Community|
|Amir Hossein Hajianpouremail@example.com||Firefox 23 Aurora|
- The team has decided to use Pootle as the main tool for applying/suggesting translations and all Strings should be translated with this tool and please don't use repositories directly for localizing as using both may cause conflicts.
- Please do pay attention to terminology and words suggested on translation entries on Pootle as they're considered accepted on team. If you have suggestions, we will be more than happy to discuss with you on our Mailing List or IRC channel on just leave a comment on Pootle.
- If you can't find the project you interested in working on Pootle, please contact us on our Mailing List, IRC channel or send a message on Twitter and we will be happy to help you with that.
Projects & Priorities (overall status)
- Firefox (Current Status): Working on Firefox Aurora.
- Devtools is better left untranslated while it's technical section and translating them will make confusion for users.
- Webparts: Is the second most important priority for team. Web parts are the webpages for Mozilla and Firefox.
- Firefox for Android (Firefox Mobile): Project is under active translation. Testing (for showing all characters correctly on all mobile phones) and trying to release. We should closely cooperate with Mozilla to make the RTL version of Android released due to issues with RTL.
- Firefox OS: Requested team to be added on team's Pootle page. Translations will be start soon.
- Social Networks
- Web pages
- AMO (addons.mozilla.org)
Localizing SUpport.MOzilla.org (SUMO)
If you want to help localize http://support.mozilla.org/fa into Persian, please do the following:
- Create a SUMO account
- If you can, get in touch with the Group Leader(s) listed here via a Private Message. If there is nobody listed there, please get in touch with Michał / vesper.
- Read our universal l10n documentation here. For language-specific documentation, please get in touch with your Group Leader(s).
- Visit your language thread in the forums and introduce yourself to the community. We don’t bite, unless you’re made of cake.
- You're ready to go! If you have any questions, ask them on the forums.
- Pootle: A translation tool. Can be used both online and offline.
- You can download PO files and translate them on locally on PC and then upload them. There are some apps for editing PO files, e.g. Poedit, Virtaal, GTranslator, lokalize.
- Text editors: Some of us use text editors manually and upload the patch.
- Subscription and archive at Mozilla List server
Working Repository and Latest Version
- http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/fa/ targeting the translation of latest Mozilla trunk version
- Official Releases
- Beta Builds
- Aurora Builds
Firefox for Android
- Official Releases
- There's no official release for Persian Firefox for Android due to RTL issues. This section will be updated when a proper release happened.
- Aurora Builds:
Persian language pack
- فارسی (ایران) Language Pack for latest official release of firefox
Contributors (sorted alphabetically by last name)
- Masoud Ahmadzadeh
- Niousha Bolandzadeh
- Behnam Esfahbod
- Sahar Fadaian
- Houshmand Hassannia
- Sara Khalatbari
- Alireza Kheirkhahan
- Reza Mohammadi
- Roozbeh Pournader
- Farzaneh Sarafraz
- Elnaz Sarbar
- Meelad Zakaria
Firefox 3.5 and 3.6
Firefox Aurora 18 (Mobile)