How to join this l10n team
2. Introduce yourself on the mailing list explaining why you wants to contribute by writing in Hindi l10n.
3. Hindi language community would assess their translation skills and accordingly decide the further plan.
4. We also divide work according to the load we have, say somebody works on Firefox, somebody on Thunderbird and so on.
5. Every contributor discuss with other members on the mailing list whenever he or she faces any issue.
Newbie Training and Recognition Process
Initial on-line training(1 hour - 2 hour):
Why/What we are going to do?
Tools Training *Pootle (https://mozilla.locamotion.org/hi_IN/) *Pontoon (https://pontoon.mozilla.org/hi-IN/) *transvision (https://transvision.mozfr.org/) QA *Firefox for Desktop(Developer Edition) *Firefox for Android *mozilla.org Communication Channel *Wiki/Mailing list
Initial work to be assigned(200 - 500 Strings). *Review of the assigned work. *Feedback after review. Second round of work to be assigned(500-1000 Strings). *Review of the assigned work. *Feedback after review. If needed additional training is required, assign a project as per the requirement.
*Grant submit access for that project. *Download Mozilla Firefox Hindi Developer Edition *Quarterly recognition for Old and New contributors! *"Mozilla Hindi Champ" of the Year.
Hindi Mailing List
Co-ordinator and Committer
Division of Labour
|Firefox||Rajesh Ranjan||Umesh Agarwal||Ravi Kumbhkar|
|Firefox for Android||Shahid Farooqui||Rajesh Ranjan||Ravi Kumbhkar|
|Web Parts + Health Reports||Umesh Agarwal||Ashish Namdev||Ravi Kumbhkar|
|Sumo||Ashish Namdev||Meghraj Suthar||Ramdayal|
|Webmaker||Meghraj Suthar||Umesh Agarwal||Shahid Farooqui|
Active team members
|Name||Nickname||Role (owner)||Hg Access?||Pootle Sumbit Access?|
|Rajesh Ranjan||rajesh672(at)gmail.com||Hindi Peer||Yes||Yes|
|Umesh Agarwal||umesh.agarwal1(at)gmail.com||Umesh||Hindi Owner||NO||YES|
|Shahid Farooqui||shahidfarooqui(at)gmail.com||Firefox for Android||No||Yes|
|Siddharth Shanker Mishra||sid_shanker(at)hotmail.com||-||No||No|
|Name||Nickname||Role||Hg Access?||Pootle Sumbit Access?|
|RKVS Raman||rkvsraman(at)gmail.com||n/a||Mail Peer and Calendar peer||NO||NO|
|Pankaj Tamrakar||pankajtamrakar(at)yahoo.co.in||n/a||SeaMonkey owner (as well as extensions - reporter, inspector,chatzilla)||NO||NO|
|Amit Kumar Thakur||amit103065(at)gmail.com||amitshree||SUMO Locale leader|
|Atul Basu Anand||anand.miracle.atul2(at)gmail.com||anand||NA||NO||NO|
|Sangeeta Kumari||sangeeta09(at)gmail.com||Firefox OS||No||Yes|
Hindi localization of different products of Mozilla are being done thorugh pootle. So please register on pootle and contact the coordinator
- Translation Memory
Mozilla Hindi Team stress on the need of using more memory for translation. It makes translation more consistent and it cosumes time as well. The files on pootle can be translated through lot of offline tools eg Lokalize, Virtaal, poedit etc.
Mozilla Hindi Community uses FUEL Terminology.
- Style Guide
Mozilla Hindi Community uses style guide Mozilla Quick Style Guide
Mozilla Hindi Community uses style guide  developed by http://fuelproject.org/
- Rendering Test System
We use UTRRS as rendering test system for Hindi language.
Localizing SUpport.MOzilla.org (SUMO)
If you want to help localize http://support.mozilla.org/hi-IN into Hindi, please do the following:
- Create a SUMO account
- If you can, get in touch with the Group Leader(s) listed here via a Private Message. If there is nobody listed there, please get in touch with Michał / vesper.
- Read our universal l10n documentation here. For language-specific documentation, please get in touch with your Group Leader(s).
- Visit your language thread in the forums and introduce yourself to the community. We don’t bite, unless you’re made of cake.
- You're ready to go! If you have any questions, ask them on the forums.