Hindi Mailing List
Co-ordinator and Committer
Division of Labour
|Firefox||Rajesh Ranjan||Umesh Agarwal||Chandan Kumar|
|Firefox for Android||Shahid Farooqui||Rajesh Ranjan||Komal Gandhi|
|Firefox OS||Sangeeta Kumari||Shahid Farooqui||Rajesh Ranjan||Komal Gandhi|
|Web Parts + Health Reports||Umesh Agarwal||Ashish Namdev||Ravi Kumbhkar||Priyank Agarwal|
|Sumo||Ashish Namdev||Meghraj Suthar||Ramdayal||Amit Thakur|
|Webmaker||Meghraj Suthar||Umesh Agarwal||Shahid Farooqui|
|Marketplace||Umesh Agarwal||Umesh Sanwal||Shanker||Ravi Kumbhkar|
Active team members
|Name||Nickname||Role (owner)||Hg Access?||Pootle Sumbit Access?|
|Siddharth Shanker Mishra|
|Meghraj Sutharemail@example.com||Meghraj||SUMO Locale leader||NO||Yes|
|Name||Nickname||Role||Hg Access?||Pootle Sumbit Access?|
|RKVS Raman||rkvsraman(at)gmail.com||n/a||Mail Peer and Calendar peer||NO||NO|
|Pankaj Tamrakar||pankajtamrakar(at)yahoo.co.in||n/a||SeaMonkey owner (as well as extensions - reporter, inspector,chatzilla)||NO||NO|
|Amit Kumar Thakur||amit103065(at)gmail.com||amitshree||SUMO Locale leader|
|Atul Basu Anand||anand.miracle.atul2(at)gmail.com||anand||NA||NO||NO|
How to join this l10n team
2. Introduce himself/herself on the mailing list by writing in Hindi language, explaining why s/he wants to contribute by writing in Hindi language.
3. Hindi language community would assess his/her translation skills and accordingly decide the further plan.
4. We also divide work according to the load we have, say somebody works on Firefox, somebody on Thunderbird and so on.
5. Every contributor discuss with other members on the mailing list whenever he or she faces any issue. Mailing list discussion is better than off-line one.
Newbie training and recognition process
- Under process : More updates soon!
Hindi localization of different products of Mozilla are being done thorugh pootle. So please register on pootle and contact the coordinator
- Translation Memory
Mozilla Hindi Team stress on the need of using more memory for translation. It makes translation more consistent and it cosumes time as well. The files on pootle can be translated through lot of offline tools eg Lokalize, Virtaal, poedit etc.
Mozilla Hindi Community uses FUEL Terminology.
- Style Guide
- Rendering Test System
We use UTRRS as rendering test system for Hindi language.
Localizing SUpport.MOzilla.org (SUMO)
If you want to help localize http://support.mozilla.org/hi-IN into Hindi, please do the following:
- Create a SUMO account
- If you can, get in touch with the Group Leader(s) listed here via a Private Message. If there is nobody listed there, please get in touch with Michał / vesper.
- Read our universal l10n documentation here. For language-specific documentation, please get in touch with your Group Leader(s).
- Visit your language thread in the forums and introduce yourself to the community. We don’t bite, unless you’re made of cake.
- You're ready to go! If you have any questions, ask them on the forums.