Welcome to Mozilla Tamil Community
How to join this l10n team
2. Introduce yourself on the mailing list explaining why you wants to contribute by writing in Tamil l10n.
3. Tamil language community would assess their translation skills and accordingly decide the further plan.
4. We also divide work according to the load we have, say somebody works on Firefox, somebody on Thunderbird and so on.
5. Every contributor discuss with other members on the mailing list whenever he or she faces any issue.
Newbie Training and Recognition Process
Initial on-line training(30min - 1 hour):
Why/What we are going to do?
* L10n contribution may be less, but quality matters for Tamil
Tools Training * Pontoon (https://pontoon.mozilla.org/ta/)
Language Tool - Tamil Grammar checker * https://languagetool.org/ - Select Tamil and past your Tamil Phrase to check
QA * Firefox for Desktop(Developer Edition) * Firefox for Android * mozilla.org
Communication Channel * Wiki/Mailing list
Initial work to be assigned(100 - 200 Strings). * Review of the assigned work. * Feedback after review. Second round of work to be assigned(200-500 Strings). * Review of the assigned work. * Feedback after review. If needed additional training is required, assign a project as per the requirement.
* Grant submit access for that project. * Download Mozilla Firefox Tamil Developer Edition * Quarterly recognition for Old and New contributors!
Registration New bug (Please Select Product as "Mozilla Localization", Component as "ta/Tamil")
Tamil Mailing List
- Present Owner
- https://mozillians.org/en-US/u/thangamani-arun/ Arun Kumar]
Active team members
|Name||Nickname||Role||Hg Access?||Pootle Sumbit Access?||Locality|
|Arun Kumar||thangam.arunx(at)gmail.com||AK||Team Owner||No||Yes||KL - Malaysia|
|Khaleel Jageer||jskcse4(at)gmail.com||Khaleel||Translator||No||No||Tamil Nadu - India|
|Mohammed Ammar||ksmammar(at)gmail.com||ksmammar||Reviewer||No||Yes(from Jan 2017)||Tamil Nadu - India|
|Paramesvari Ramasamy||paramesvariramasamy(at)gmail.com||Paramesvari||Trainee||No||No||KL - Malaysia|
|Devinthoran||moganadevinthoran(at)gmail.com||Mogana||Trainee||No||No||KL - Malaysia|
Past Team Members
|Shantha Kumar||shantha.thamizh [AT] gmail [DOT] com||Contributor|
|Sri Ramadoss M||amachu [at] yavarkkum [dot] org||Contributor|
|I Felix||ifelix25 [at] gmail [dot] com||Contributor|
|Veerakumar R||veerakumar.r [at] gmail [dot] com||Contributor|
|Jayaradhaa||jayaradhaa [at] rediffmail [dot] com||Contributor|
|RKVS Raman||rkvsraman [at] gmail [dot] com||Contributor|
|C.M.Elanttamil||elantamil [AT] gmail [DOT] com||Contributor|
|S. Muguntharaj||mugunth [AT] gmail [DOT] com||Founder/Contributor|
|Ve. Elanjelian||tamiliam [AT] gmail [DOT] com||Founder/Contributor|
Localizing SUpport.MOzilla.org (SUMO)
If you want to help localize http://support.mozilla.org/ta into Tamil, please do the following:
- Create a SUMO account
- If you can, get in touch with the Group Leader(s) listed here via a Private Message. If there is nobody listed there, please get in touch with Michał / vesper.
- Read our universal l10n documentation here. For language-specific documentation, please get in touch with your Group Leader(s).
- Visit your language thread in the forums and introduce yourself to the community. We don’t bite, unless you’re made of cake.
- You're ready to go! If you have any questions, ask them on the forums.