About University of Dundee: Product Design
Product Design at the University of Dundee make products that work. Products that work in a social way and products that work through digital technology. We think the world can be made so much better by integrating digital technology into our lives in a natural, playful and sustainable way. Find out more
What We Do?
We're a research based programme educating undergraduate, masters and PhD students - and when I say educate... rather, we work with our students to explore their potential as designers in the digital world.
Here's some great examples of concepts in progress:
- TweetingSeat - a seat that tweets...
- Slow Photography - treat your cellphone/smartphone like camera film....
- Timeline Tools - automatically capture every hack you do...
- Don-8r Robot - use robots for fundraising...
We research the impact of designing digital products for the digital economy. Here's a couple of projects to give you and idea of what we're doing right now.
- Bespoke Project - exploring digital inclusion
- TOTeM Project - connecting stories to objects to people
Who Are We?
- Jon Rogers - Course director
- Pete Thomas - Part time lecturer and part-time director of the design agency Uniform
An insight into the students working on the Mozilla topics
- Arthi Manohar - PhD student
- Larissa Pschetz - PhD student sponsored by Microsoft Research and the EPSRC
- Steve Birnie - PhD student design for and sponsored by NCR
- Simone O'Callaghan - PhD student