About the SDK
The Jetpack SDK is a set of tools and APIs for building, testing, and packaging Firefox add-ons.
- Page Worker API - The page-worker module provides a way to create a permanent, invisible page and access its DOM.
- Widget API - The widget module provides a visually consistent way for add-ons to show themselves in the browser.
- Simple Storage API - The simple-storage module provides a way to easily, privately, and persistently store data across application restarts.
- Private Browsing API - The private-browsing module provides access to the private browsing service - detecting if it is active and adding callbacks for transitioning into and out of private browsing mode.
- Unforgeable ID - Add-ons created with "cfx xpi" now get a persistent cryptographic identifier, which will eventually be used to sign the .xpi bundle and control access to persistent state. You will need to delete any "id" key from your package.json file before building XPIs with this release. See Labs/Jetpack/ID for details.
- Restartless Add-ons - Add-ons created with "cfx xpi" can be installed into nightly builds of the next version of Firefox without requiring users to restart the application.
A complete list of changes is available in the source code repository.
First, obtain the SDK in your favorite compression format:
Once you've got that, just unpack the archive, open the jetpack-sdk/README.txt file, and follow its instructions.
- bug 567334 - Certain tests may fail when run against a localized build of Firefox.