About the SDK
The Jetpack SDK is an environment for making Firefox add-ons. It provides a set of tools and APIs for building, testing, and bundling Firefox add-ons.
First, obtain the SDK in your favorite compression format:
Once you've got that, just unpack the archive, open the jetpack-sdk/README.txt file, and follow its instructions.
- Panel API: The panel API creates floating modal popups that appear on top of web content and browser chrome and persist until dismissed by users or programs.
- Clipboard API: The clipboard API allows callers to interact with the system clipboard, setting and retrieving its contents.
- Notifications API: The notifications API allows you to display transient toaster- or Growl-style messages to the user.
- Better Documentation: Many APIs that had no previous documentation are now documented, and most documentation now shares a consistent visual style. A new walk-through that instructs you on how to produce your own high-quality documentation is also available.
Notable Bug Fixes
- bug 581119: Firefox is now the default application for
- bug 588461: The directories contained in XPI files created by
cfx xpinow have correct permission attributes.
A complete list of changes is available in the source code repository.
- bug 590284: memory test fails on Mac OS X
- bug 574563: activate script reports error finding "specified registry key or value" on Windows
- bug 581191: memory leaks occur when testing against Firefox
- bug 581982: require("selection").text returns null instead of the selected text when the selection is in a text box or text area
- bug 567660: cfx xpi can't produce an install manifest with non-ASCII characters