About the SDK
The Jetpack SDK is an environment for making Firefox add-ons. It provides a set of tools and APIs for building, testing, and bundling Firefox add-ons.
First, obtain the SDK in your favorite compression format:
Once you've got that, just unpack the archive, open the jetpack-sdk/README.txt file, and follow its instructions.
- The new Windows API allows you to access and manipulate browser windows and their tabs.
- The Panel and Page Worker APIs have been changed to work more like Web Workers.
Notable Bug Fixes
- bug 567660 - cfx xpi can't produce install.rdf with non-ASCII characters
A complete list of changes is available in the source code repository.
- bug 599192 - testcfx testBug567660 fails with Python 2.7
- various tests fail on the latest nightly builds of Firefox 4