Add-on SDK is a software development kit that provides a set of tools and APIs for building, testing, and packaging Firefox add-ons.
The 1.0b3 release is the third beta release of the SDK. It includes a variety of changes from the previous version of the software, the most notable of which are listed below.
Obtain the SDK in your favorite compression format:
Then unpack the archive, open the addon-sdk-1.0b3/README.txt file, and follow its instructions.
- The documentation has been reorganized, restyled, and expanded to make it easier to browse and more comprehensive.
- The new Annotator example add-on shows you how to use a number of APIs to interact with users and web content.
- The new Tab.attach() method lets you create a Page Mod worker on-demand for a given tab.
- It is now possible to specify a 64x64 pixel icon for your add-on's Details view in the Add-ons Manager (see Package Specification for details).
Also see the complete list of changes since the previous release.
- Although the SDK is not compatible with Firefox 3.6,
cfx runmay use Firefox 3.6 by default if you have it installed. To work around the problem, specify the location of the Firefox 4.0 beta binary with the
- A variety of tests are failing intermittently. (bug 606351)