- How do we best find and fix remaining leaks.
- Need to find more
- Need to find leaks when extensions are installed.
- Jesse thinks this has to be a distributed effort: give tools to users so they can detect leaks, rather than trying to run extensions ourselves in order to find leaks in them.
- Chrome leaks, such as download manager, prefs panel?
- Someone suggested asking the Litmus runners to use trace-refcnt or trace-malloc.
- AI:sicking Look into enabling trace-refcount, without the tracing part in nightlies.
- With OS leaks lower we could enable trace-malloc manually and get more useful data.
- Need to measure leaked GDI/user/kernel handles on windows. Possibly show on tinderbox.
- Sayrer's leak hunting tool. Do we need to have more people run it? Should we automate? Can we improve it? Is it finding the right types of leaks?
- bug 396368 Live connect leak the biggest one still not fixed.
- Leaks look like they are real leaks that users run into, though sometimes find small, less important, leaks.
- No automation or broader running needed so far, still finding enough.
- Jesse's fuzzing. Does it find useful leaks that normal users would run in to?
- Do leak monitoring while running tinderbox tests.
- AI:sicking look into this.
- We do want to run trace-refcnt, trace-malloc on reftest/mochitest
- Ideally we'd shut down between each testcase to identify where leaks happen. Mostly useful until we reach 0, but would help with regressions too.
- Do we need regression tests?
- Want a separate test suite that tests for assertions, crashes, leaks.
- Would extensions that cause GC/CC help?
Tools (fixing and finding)
- Coverage, do we need more tools?
- Documentation, what's the state of our current docs?
Status on found leak bugs
- Are there leak bugs filed that are blocking further discovery?
- Currently 292 filed bugs , probably lots that aren't valid any more.
- How can we get help from the community?
- Should we turn on some leak monitors in the nightlies?
- Help weed out old invalid bugs?
- Add options to reporter?