Mozilla Foundation strategic plan
This is the home of the Mozilla Foundation's 3-year strategic planning process.
- About. Story, context and thinking to date.
- Working Groups: Leadership | Advocacy | Impact
- Get involved. Join our open community calls.
Creating an ambitious learning, leadership and advocacy plan
Defining a more ambitious learning plan is one of the Mozilla Foundation’s main goals for 2016.
- We completed the first phase of this work: defining the ‘why’ (universal web literacy) and the ‘what’ (leadership and advocacy) for this plan.
- We’re currently in phase two: defining how MoFo will engage in these two core strategies in 2016 and beyond.
- Much of the ‘how’ is about looking at how existing activities improve and connect. Staff from across the org will be involved in figuring this out.
- Three working groups have been helping to guide this process: leadership development, advocacy and impact. Participation is open to all.
- Phase two runs from now to the Oct board meeting. Then phase 3 will dig into the specifics of roadmapping, budgeting and creating a final business plan.
What have we shipped so far?
(drafts in progress)
- Stuff we're prepping for the board http://mzl.la/board_prep
- Impact statements http://mzl.la/impact_statements
- Leadership tiers http://mzl.la/tiers
- Analysis of current leadership offerings http://mzl.la/offerings
- Advocacy synthesis http://mzl.la/advocacy_synthesis
- Roadmap for this planning process: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/roadmap