If you're interested in learning more about Mozilla -- the project, the tools we use, how we do things, and how to get involved -- you've come to the right place. What follows is a list of introductions, tutorials, and other learning resources that will help you get a handle on things.
If you know of other resources that should be listed here, please feel free to link to them.
- Introduction to Bugzilla
- Introduction to Firebug
- Mercurial tutorial (Joel Spolsky)
- Learning IRC (Internet Relay Chat)
- Understanding XPCOM files: nsIFoo.idl, nsIFoo.h, nsFoo.h, nsFoo.cpp
- Introduction to XPCOM Components in C++
- Working with Chrome in an Extension
- Modifying the Firefox Browser Source Code
- Modifying the Firefox Browser with an Extension
- Understanding how Preferences work in Mozilla
Other stuff to look into more...
- Explaining Mozilla as an Opportunity... (interesting notes here re: mentoring, using Open Source contributions on college applications, etc.)