Litmus To-Do List
Here's some things that Litmus needs. If you feel like taking one of these tasks on, great! Just post about your progress on this page.
- Attachments: do we still have a need for attachments? We're not trying to replace Bugzilla here, and there's a pretty high potential for abuse. We might want to allow this for community proposals for changes to test cases.
- Test result/run comparison: we need to be able to compare single test results head-to-head, and we also need to display comparisons between entire test runs. We can take a page from LXR's book and mark up the deltas in special colors to facilitate comparisons. We might also want to use some AJAX to roll-up the parts of the comparison that are the same.
- In Progress
- Completed Tasks
- Litmus i18n
- Test Runs: this is the major piece that is present in Testrunner but still missing in Litmus. Design is listed in Litmus:Design#Replicate_Testrunner_Functionality.
- Updated reporting tools: since these tools need to know about test runs anyway, I'm taking this opportunity to update them as well.
- Administration Interface
- Testcase/Subgroup/Testgroup Management
- add "Search for testcase" functionality -> search by: testgroup, subgroup, product
- added full-text search (by summary, steps, expected results)
- database re-architect for test runs;
- add group listing (i.e. this testcase belongs to the following groups)
- only display testcases that are not marked as obsolete to regular testers. Admin can see all testcases.
- script to grab/update test cases from Testrunner
- add Testrunner ID and version fields to Litmus tests table
- get litmus mailing alias setup
- we're going to tag along on the existing email@example.com mailing list
- Litmus Roadmap
- milestones + dates for version 1.0 and beyond
- New Schema
- UI Improvement
- Multiple comments and bug numbers per test result
- Migration of New Firefox 1.5 BFTs from Testrunner to Litmus
- General Litmus cleanup prior to community testing debut of Litmus
- no results text for statistics
- improve front page UI: login box, make results display less wide, interim logout functionality
- comment icons à la tinderbox
- fix the percentage system used for running tests
- make percentages based on build ID, rather than time
- display community coverage percentages as well as personal percentages
- In Progress
- QMO Extension
- Litmus bugs currently assigned to zach
- Completed Projects
- User info: personal pages for testers where they can change their information.
- The testdata filter
- The testdata filter (in Template.pm) is in pretty bad shape and needs to get fixed. It likely opens us up to XSS attacks if we actually had a real cookie to attack. Zachlipton 11:03, 28 Jul 2005 (PDT)
- Select boxes need to be converted to pull data from litmusconfig.js rather than the clunky show/hide div approach. Zachlipton 15:47, 29 Jul 2005 (PDT)
- Precompiled templates
- Authentication: there is currently no authentication in Litmus. We accept the first email address the user provides when testing, use this to build a cookie, and then never let them change it (without removing the cookie, of course). We need to implement proper authentication:
- Status: Initial version checked into CVS 1/7/06. Working on migration to allow user accounts from the previous system to be used under the new authentication system.
- Update Documentation
- How to checkout Litmus from CVS doc on wiki
- Update README
- Update INSTALL
- Update auth information on wiki and add API description
- User management: admin tools for working with user accounts;
- Web Services Interface - Design
- Need to have a XML-RPC whatever interface to Litmus to get tests, submit results, etc...