MDN/Archives/Dev Status Meetings/2011-06-01
How did last week go? What sucked? What was awesome?
- John started last week, so a couple of days were spent planning out his role and getting him up to speed.
- Worked with John to get him started on Kuma feature pages (he's rockin' it!)
- Kicked off Demo Studio design reset with Matt (early mocks look promising)
- Not so nice
- A lot of discussion around copy for the MDN home page, probably more than we needed, but glad that's over. ;-)
- Dev Derby copy took a bit longer than expected, but working to get more input/help from devengage team on copy-related work.
- I had way too many other devengage related tasks/todos last week to really keep up with the MindTouch upgrade and work on MDN 0.9.x stuff... I wish things were different. :-(
- Primarily worked on building an official feature list for Kuma (https://wiki.mozilla.org/MDN/Kuma#Features) by aggregating all of the ideas and discussion points that were out there
- Helped Jay with the Dev Derby copy
- Sent an email to a development group I am familiar with requesting that they contribute to the Demo Studio. I hope to use this email as a loose template for future emails like this.
- Went through the Chrome Experiments website finding authors who have not yet submitted to the Demo Studio and wrote a simple screen-scraping script to add their information to this document: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=teWG1SesrKxOHlbUVGeTLmw&authkey=COH8keEI#gid=0
- Prepared a discussion about Scrum for our meeting today
- Building the Kuma feature list took much more time than I had hoped. Thankfully, I recognized this and was able to avoid a similar fate with the Chrome Experiments work. By writing some automation for this task, I was able to complete it in about 3 hours.
- Getting more apps under South migrations
- Transitioned from django-tagging to django-taggit
- bug 632195 - Implemented demo tag namespaces, which should ease grouping demos for Dev Derby
- bug 632076 - Up and coming sort order
- Should start working, but needs a command added to daily/hourly crontab schedule
- Almost killed 1/2 a week of work with being dumb
- stage9 MT 10 upgrade
- new designs looks great
- and we have plenty of time to implement(?)
- fixing jenkins jobs
- jenkins errors
- staging error emails :(
- MDN header and front page designs nearly complete.
- Matt's Demo Studio designs looking really nice!
- Still waiting on a few visual assets.
- Unexpected last minute changes to front page messaging.
- Out Thu and Fri, so crazy short week.
- Wiki pages are built, and I even got the toolbar to stick when you scroll. It's pretty neat.
- Delayed start on Derby but cranking it out, will be done by end of the day. Work in progress.
- I still don't fully grok git so I'm not sure where to deliver stuff since we moved things around. Where are we keeping the code now? Which branch should I be committing to?
- Got too ambitious with my first concept on the promo banner page, burned too much time on fancy scripting and still couldn't get it to behave the way I wanted. So I'm scrapping a few days' work and doing something simpler. I can revisit the page later when there's less crunch.
- Working on qa-wanted bugs
- Craig - bug 631680 - remove deki opensearch from skin
- Jay - bug 631370 - CDN for MDN
- bug 660028 - off-cycle push?
What do we do this week? Do we need to change objectives?
- Wrap up MDN home page and header design feedback with Chowse so he can get us the hi-fidelity designs.
- Continue iterating on Demo Studio design with Matt (almost there)
- Set code freeze data for 0.9.5 (and figure out what is going to make it for next Tuesday)
- Reset expectations for 0.9.6 (based on devengage goals and current progress on various things)
- Figure out how to fit Kuma development into our short dev cycles (it's hard enough to do 2 weeks for a single project... so I'm really worried about how we'll manage both)
- Organize and hold Daily Standup Meetings
- Make other Scrum preparations. Determine who should act into each role, train people for those roles, research tools that the team can use to apply Scrum, etc.
- Work on anything else that becomes apparent either in today's meeting or by Jay's direction
- In my off-time, continue searching for email addresses and Twitter accounts of Chrome Experiment authors
work with craig to put templates into repos
fix mdn & kuma projects on jenkins (bug 656285)
investigate 'hidden demo' regression on stage9?
- add tests for new DEMO STUDIO features (bugs 632084 632087)
- work with raymond to add selenium tests for 0.9.5 features
test custom MindTouch notice in stage9
- Derby page will be done today.
- Promo page tomorrow.
- Still some testing to do (IE).
- Sorry for the recent lag. So little time and my TARDIS is in the shop.