The MDN community meeting takes place in the #mdn channel on irc.mozilla.org at:
- 5 AM PDT (13:00 UTC). See the meeting time in your time zone.
Since lots of people lurk in #mdn, if you're actively attending the meeting please speak up and introduce yourself.
Please share documentation bugs that need work, or other things where you need short-term help.
Is there anything keeping you from making progress?
- (sheppy) Obviously, the new spam system is causing some problems
- Because of rapid-fire spamming, we have had to disable user account creation
- False positives
- If it happens to you, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the URL of the page and the change(s) that need to be made and we will apply them for you; this also lets us train the spam system that it shouldn't have been considered spam to begin with
- We have a team (sheppy, ben, jezdez) investigating why it's so bad and what to do to fix it
- New attachment system. How to request an attachment to be added to a page.
What are you working on?
Please share recent accomplishments, and goals you have for the next few weeks.
- (sheppy) Continuing work on dev-doc-needed reduction, driving spam project, and working toward completing the WebRTC reference.
- (teoli) Firefox 47 for developers
- Sheppy: Work with jezdez to determine how to add attachment privileges to existing privileged groups. Then do that.
- Janet: Start a discussion on MDN@lists.mozilla.org (i.e., stakeholders) mailing list about defining processes for requesting and assigning privileges, such as but not only, adding attachments.
Anything else we need to discuss synchronously?
- Who will moderate the next meeting?