The MDN community meeting takes place in the #mdn channel on irc.mozilla.org at:
- 10 AM PDT (17:00 UTC). See the meeting time in your time zone.
Since lots of people lurk in #mdn, if you're actively attending the meeting please speak up and introduce yourself.
- Attending: sheppy, Janet, Chris Mills, Danielle, Anthony, jsx
- (Chris) I have tonnes of MDN Learning Area topics that could really do with some help getting written. HTML, CSS, JS, SVG...talk ot me!
Is there anything keeping you from making progress?
- We continue to have new account creation locked down. Progress is being made, however, and we hope to be able to re-enable soon.
- We're investigating options for making the new user onboarding process more manageable in our new world of spammy accounts being created so frequently
- Improvements to the spam detection are coming shortly which should help with false positives and may allow us to turn the spam filter back on
What are you working on?
Please share recent accomplishments, and goals you have for the next few weeks.
- (sheppy) Working on Promise rejection events documentation now
- (sheppy) Then more WebRTC reference docs! Q2 goal is to finish them; let's see how it goes! :)
- Sheppy: Work with jezdez to determine how to add attachment privileges to existing privileged groups. Then do that.
- Things are more complicated than that, as it turns out.
- Janet: Start a discussion on MDN@lists.mozilla.org (i.e., stakeholders) mailing list about defining processes for requesting and assigning privileges, such as but not only, adding attachments. (DONE by Jeremie)
Anything else we need to discuss synchronously?
- Should we continue with the "early" meeting schedule?
- We had decided to continue it for Q1, to make it easier for contributors from Asia to attend, but no priority has been given to reaching out to them.
- There have also been discussions in recent meetings about ways to improve the meeting generally, and make it more attractive to ALL MDN contributors.
- DECISION: Suspend "early" meeting times pending a broader plan for improving the MDN Community meeting's engagement.