Summary of Android Payment features (as of Jan 7th 2014):
- [DONE] With a SIM card in a supported carrier and country
- Identity: HTTP Header Enrichment (magic) or MT Auth (enter phone number, wait for PIN) on first run. After that all return purchases will skip identity and go to payment.
- Payment: they can use operator billing or credit card depending upon the country (eg. Venezuela is credit card only)
- [DONE] Without SIM card in the device and using a supported carrier and country
- Identity: Users can link up any SIM card in a device using MT Auth on first run. They enter the phone number of the other device with a SIM. After that all return purchases will not need to do the identity step.
- Payment: they can use operator billing or credit card depending upon the country.
- Note: The flow will have been to do MT Auth, then enter a credit card. In this case the MT Auth was to establish an identity with Bango and not to use the phone number for billing. Bugs 893050 956412 will fix this.
- [WISHLIST] Without any SIM card in any device
- Identity: won't be possible, because MT Auth is required by Bango. Bug 893050 will fix this.
- Payment: won't be possible because identity isn't possible, even though credit card would work.
- [WISHLIST] With a SIM card, but not in a supported country
- Identity: won't be possible, because MT Auth will not complete. However if you've already been identified in another country and have travelled, you will be to use it. Bug 893050 might fix this, but we might need to expand the countries where MT Auth can be done (bug not filed yet).
- Payment: won't be possible because identity isn't possible, even though credit card would theoretically work (it does in Canada even). For this we'd worldwide credit cards to work (bug not filed yet).
- [WISHLIST] Without a SIM card and not in a supported country
- Good luck with that. Hopefully we should be able to give the user a nice error message.
Testing payments for Android
- Go get nightly Android: http://nightly.mozilla.org/
- Go and install this add-on so that you will get mozPay configured for dev and stage: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/dev-marketplace/
- Use an existing app, or upload a new one and make sure you make it android compatible. Here's a test one: https://marketplace.allizom.org/app/test-app-iupsbfodawsp/
- Press buy
Need to hook up a debugger to get some debugging action for that Android page? Try: