Marketplace/Mobile Optimized Websites
This goal of this project is to improve the discoverability of content on mobile devices.
- Help users discover content that they want through a seamless discovery experience between apps and the web on mobile devices.
- Help catalyze the move to the web as the platform for mobile devices.
- Generate community participation as a key differentiator.
- Utilize the collective wisdom of our community, for the benefit of our community, to bring the best of the web to everyone.
- Replace e.me search with new discovery experiences in future versions of Firefox OS.
- High Level Strategy and Value Proposition
- dbialer's original proposal
- cvan's original LOMA idea
- Etherpad on "Why"
- MOW Checkpoint:Design/Planning Presentation
- Read the design brief
- Regions and Language Brief
UX and Design
- Follow UX + Design progress for this project on our Github project site. All our docs are posted there!
- You can participate in conversations about our UX + Design work by visiting our Open Issues on Github. Feel free to create a new issue if you don't see an existing conversation on a topic you're interested in.
Proposed Phases for Initial Implementation
Summary: Load Mobile Optimized websites into Marketplace
Summary: Consumers can discover websites from home page of Marketplace
- Proposal for architecture changes
- conversation about architecture
- Initial R&D: is pursuing the approach wherein we create new models in zamboni and leverage ES as the abstraction layer, instead of introducing AWS.
For specific phases, including estimates, please go to the phase's wiki page (linked above).
Tracking bug: 1145376
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);