From MozillaWiki
< Mobile‎ | Notes
Jump to: navigation, search


  • Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
  • Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
    • People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
    • US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
    • US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
    • US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
    • US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
    • CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
    • CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
    • UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
    • FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
    • Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
    • SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
  • #mobile for backchannel
  • Mobile Vidyo Room


  • Next merge: 2014-10-13

Topics for This Week

Q4 Goals
Metrics for Suggested Sites in Fx34, Ship new Search Activity for Android in Fx35, Establish a GTM plan for Project 105, and Land a set of client-side password improvements in Fx36.
Q4 Platform goals

Tracking Review


  • Next Build:
  • Cut-off:

No results.

0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);


  • Next Build:
  • Cut-off:

No results.

0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);

Friends of the Mobile Team

Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.

  • Projjol Banerji fixed bug 1060056 - Rename MainActivity to SearchActivity
  • vivek fixed (finally!) bug 1007436 - "Revamp visual design of about:feedback"
  • Christian Vielma fixed bug 1064068 - Filtering non input text fields from text selection to prevent errors in log
  • Manu Jain fixed bug 1064859 - Telemetry probe to measure whether Fennec is default ASSIST intent handler
  • Capella fixed bug 1068489 - Robocop: Provide error message where device screen may be sleeping and bug 1078231 - Enhance Favicon display in RecentTabs list for closed ReaderMode pages
  • Dominique Vincent is working on bug 663803 - Provide magnifying glass in areas of clustered links

Stand ups

Suggested format:

  • What did you do last week?
  • What are working on this week?
  • Anything blocking you?

Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!

James W. (snorp)

<Read Only>

Alan K. (ack)

  • (done) CloudSync uplifted to Aurora
  • Preparation for Mozilla Festival (mesh networking)
  • Media/WebRTC standalone refactoring work


Past week

  • Fixing test failures with bug 1075644 (Follow-up to initializing Gecko thread sooner)
  • Started working on non-Gecko-dependent crash reporter
  • Made an add-on that monitors logcat for silent exceptions and show them as toasts
Working on


<Read Only>

  • SafeBrowsing crasher seems to be fixed
  • Finished WebRTC sandboxing analysis, looking at our IPC code
  • Trying to get WebRTC tests on Android to work again
  • Will look at standalone WebRTC stuff
Working on

Randall Barker

Last Week:

  • Started work on bug 1048335 chromecast support for Fennec tab mirroring. Tab mirroring to chromecast is currently broken in nightly. Should have a patch up today.
  • Continued investigation of new method for implementing standalone WebRTC.

Next Week(s):

  • Wrap up bug 1048335 chromecast support for Fennec tab mirroring
  • Continue investigating new method for implementing standalone WebRTC.

Eugen Sawin

Last week

  • bug 1022669 - Display does not turn off while playing audio
  • bug 1061372 - Crash with any value passed to mozLockOrientation() but portrait-primary and portrait-secondary
  • bug 1061373 - When "portrait-secondary" is given to mozLockOrientation(), it acts as if the string was "landscape-primary"
  • Looked into bug 942736 - Page-position when going back a page is not always remembered when conducting a scroll on prior page and then hitting back
  • Janus Proxy (
  • Uplifted (Aurora) bug 1051654 - APKs for previous versions of Nightly and Aurora stick around in Downloads
  • Uplifted (Aurora) bug 896735 - App update fails if Download folder doesn't exist

Next week

  • Investigate/fix bug 942736 - Page-position when going back a page is not always remembered when conducting a scroll on prior page and then hitting back
  • Janus Proxy: rewrite image worker interface and handling

Brian Nicholson

<Read Only>

Continuing to work on suggested sites metrics (bug 1068425). Clocks and stuff.


  • Trying to get the guest widget/downloads in final shape for 35.
  • Mostly refactoring for bug 1077590 - Make all per-profile db access go through a profile
  • Looking at bug 1078796 - Matchstick code no longer works


<Read Only>

Last week

  • bug 1065494 - Put the new tablet UI behind a build flag
  • bug 1073474 - Fix resource dependency issues in new tablet UI (affects SDK9-only builds)
  • bug 1070029 - Fade last character on labels rather than use "..."
  • bug 1073066 - Reader mode menu background color is inconsistent with new toolbar grey
  • (In progress) bug 1079629 - Android builds are going to burn when Gecko 35 merges to Beta
  • (In progress) bug 1076692 - Tapping on URL bar does not dismiss the tabs tray
  • (In progress) bug 1074924 - Tinted status bar visible during full-screen video

Next week

  • More build system fixes
  • More new tablet stuff


<Read Only>

  • SF MERT safety training!
  • Reviews
  • Wrapping up Onboarding follow-ups:
  • Next:
    • Finish up some contextual hints
    • Reading list or addons



  • about:addons fixes (check out the updated theme!)
  • "Privacy Coach" add-on
  • Wrapping up search activity v1
  • Next: revisiting reader mode/reading list




<Read Only>


  • Browser toolbar refresh
    • bug 1072469 - Discuss new tablet browser toolbar height
    • bug 1076260 - Fix visual dividers of tabs on top
    • bug 1070087 - Implement new tablet menu bar pressed/focused button size
    • bug 1077730 - Adjust colors of pressed/focused state of new tablet navigation toolbar buttons
  • New bike <3


  • Browser toolbar refresh
    • bug 1071267 - Revise door hanger behavior in new tablet toolbar
    • bug 1019127 - Remove updateChildrenEnabledStateForEditing
    • bug 960746 - Back/forward button state can get out of sync on tablets
    • bug 1072464 - Discuss new tablet forward button size
    • bug 1075531 - Robocop failures in larch due to changes in toolbar
  • bug 1020534 - Tablet toolbar icons hard to read on dark lightweight themes


  • Herding bug 941155 (fix talos on mobile to have pageloader tests working in regular mode and nochrome mode) along
  • bug 939350 - Create Python linter wrapper
  • bug 983437 - Delay FHR pruning until the screen is off
  • bug 989441 - Centralized documentation for writing tests
  • bug 1058902 - Implement new tablet browser toolbar editing mode


<Read Only>

  • Tackled a few 35-tracking bugs (see below). Reviews are in, so landing soon.
  • Reviews.
  • A little continuing work on Project Vancouver.
  • Sent out re services push.
  • Writing up theoretical underpinnings of remote-clock pings. Apologies to bnicholson.
  • RTL meeting with Pike and Jeff.
  • Briefly looked into our current RTL state (via Arabic single-locale build). It… functions. More in the next week or so; maybe a v1 bidi Fennec would be easier than we expected?
  • Onboarding design walkthrough with Yuan.


Working on


<Read Only>

  • Code: Remote Tabs home panel UI polish tickets landed; messaging deprecated Synced Tabs in tabs tray landed. Split pane tablet view still outstanding.
  • Code: Re-landing bug 1065306 because Python and Unicode is a match made in heaven.
  • IDEs: met with mhaigh to discuss IntelliJ integration; worked several days on Gradle and IntelliJ integration. It's tricky.



Martyn Haigh

Done or about to land





Working on


  • Need to address bug 1055485
  • Working with others to plan efforts in: Password Mgmt, Task Continuity and Project 105
  • Playing with password generation models


  • Past
  • Upcoming


  • Last week
    • Discussed search on tablet with mobile team
    • Synced up with FxOS UX Taiwan about copy + paste interactions. Reached out to schedule a design sync-up for Rocketbar and other concepts
    • Gave mobile team a brief presentation of tablet refresh
    • Gathered feedback of "Get Started" wireframes from marketing, engineering, and product
  • This week
    • A MozillaUX blog post for the tablet refresh project
    • Hi-fi mockups for "Get Started" and explore a few different visual styles. Start copywriting coordination.


N2R, Privacy Coach

  • Met with Arcadio, filling in content on landing page.
  • Met with Margaret, working on flow for HTTPS 'feature'.

Project 105

  • Concepts, working on hires wires (current priority)




  • bug 1074026 - webapp uninstall broken, Webapps:GetApkVersions throws - prospective fix for review, still needs testing




Feature Focus

  • Funnel review this week was focused on Privacy related features for November. Have been tacked to the bottom of 33 for timing purposes.
  • Further discussion ongoing on scope of Privacy features for November.
  • Items in 34/25 missing meta bugs - if you have one, please pass along, or I'll end up creating a duplicate!
  • Please ensure you keep all of your blockers up to date in the associated metas!
  • Mobile Roadmap

Round Table

  • Introduce Stefan