MozCampAsia2012/Buddyprogram/Jean Austin Rodriguez
Jean Austin Rodriguez
Link to My Mozillians/Reps/Twitter Accounts
- Mozillians: https://mozillians.org/jeanaustinr
- Mozilla Reps: https://reps.mozilla.org/u/JeanAustinR
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/JeanAustinR
What is the overall goal I want to accomplish by attending MozCamp Asia
The Philippine team has been very active this year going to different parts of the country, engaging hundreds of students to join and contribute to the community. Thanks to the tireless efforts of enthusiastic Reps, our contributor number has grown to over a hundred already in a span of 10 months. These volunteers are scattered across the regions and have been in contact with everyone through social media and email.
With the rapid growth of the mobile market here in the Philippines and the introduction of Firefox for Android and Firefox OS, the challenge to lead the future generation of webmakers particularly our local Engagement team has never been this more exciting.
My goal this MozCamp Asia is to get the most out of every session by learning and sharing creative ideas on how to effectively engage contributors (be it in development, localization, product marketing, communication, support, etc.), meet and interact with other Mozillians in person, and ultimately have fun!
What I want to achieve by Sunday (November 18th)
- introduce Philippines to other Asian Reps, learn more about other Asian cultures
- group and solo photos with fellow Mozillians and Firefox mascot
- dress as Firefox (I hope it fits me) and give free hug to as many people as I can
What I will achieve by December 2nd
- blog about my experiences in MozFest and MozCamp Asia, get in contact with my buddy and send him/her a Firefox-inspired postcard
- draft long-term and short-term goals for the User and Contributor Engagement teams
- share my experience, along with fellow Filipino delegates, to MozTour participants in one of the colleges we will be visiting
What I will achieve by December 16th
- set long-term and short-term goals for 2013 with the local User and Contributor Engagement teams
- co-organize a simple Christmas party-post-MozCamp Asia celebration-coordination meeting for 2013 with fellow Filipino ReMos