- 1 Session Format
- 2 Speaker Next Steps
- 3 Conference Rooms
- 4 Presentation Rules
For MozCamp Asia, we're evolving the format from presentation-based conference to an interactive camp featuring tracks, workshops, sprints, and hacking opportunities with clear deliverables + goals to achieve by the end of the weekend.
For a list of our MozCamp goals, please see here
With this new format, we ask that at least *40% of each presentation* be an interactive activity which results in an outcome or deliverable which furthers these goals. This activity can take many forms. Examples include:
- Tutorial on how to contribute to B2G
- Code of Conduct Discussion
- Workshop on how to recruit HTML5 developers
- Apps Brainstorm + Creation Sprint
Keynote: Download here
Powerpoint: Download here
If you decide to utilize slides, please have at minimum a title slide that includes the following:
- Session title
- MozCamp Asia 2012
- Date + Time
- November 17-18th, Singapore
Speaker Next Steps
Once you have received the session acceptance email from your track lead, please be aware of the following steps + deadlines:
- Once your track lead has received your first presentation draft, you both will then set a date + time to walk through and review the progress you've made thus far.
- Your track lead will notify you of the day + time of your talk. Include the link to your session's wiki page in the appropriate spot in the MozCampAsia2012/Schedule
- Starting this week your track lead will also be hosting weekly *office hours* for their speakers to answer any questions you may have. Once they have determined the days + times of my office hours, they will reach out to you with this information.
- Please submit to your track lead the first draft of your presentation (or presentation wireframe) by this date
- Please attach your final presentation slides to your session's wiki page
- Your track lead will be hosting office hours in Warsaw on the Friday before MozCamp. As we get closer to this date, they will let you know the time + location where these office hours will take place.
Equipment for conference rooms
All the conference rooms will be equipped with WiFi, flipcharts, a projector, microphones, pens and paper.
Conference room layout
All conference rooms will have a school-style lay-out with a presentation and projector at the front of the room.
Map of The
A guide to the conference venue can be seen at Attendee Resources: At MozCamp
- A projector
- Presenter table
- Presenter device to transition between the slides with laser pointer
- If the speaker will decide for the Q&A format, a tablet with top questions
- A stage host will help with timing, laptop policy, noise etc.
Questions and Answers sections are usually very chaotic, take a lot of time and give little in return. We want to improve the situation by offering each speaker a choice of one of three options for his talk
A speaker may choose not to go for any Q&A and use all the time he or she has for presenting.
Q&A after the presentation
Last 5 minutes of the presentation will be used to answer several top voted questions from Google Moderator application.
Q&A during the presentation
In this model, a speaker will have an additional tablet with top questions refreshing for him and he or she will have a choice when to answer them.