Integrating jetpack into Firefox:
Facilitator(s): Irakli Gozalishvili
Are you paid or volunteer staff?: paid
Area of Contribution (Team Name): Jetpack
How are you currently involved with the community?: Contributor, Jetpack module owner.
Location of Work (where do you reside?): San Francisco, US
Talk Length (please choose between 30, 60, 90, 120 minutes): 30
How your session furthers the MozCamp Goals:
Jetpack team is focusing it's efforts on integrating platform we build into core firefox. This means several things:
- High / low level API's will become available for all add-on developers.
- Firefox features can be implemented using de factor standard CommonJS modules.
- With already shipped module loader lot's of code from nodejs community becomes available for both add-on / firefox developers (Over 15300 packages has already being published on https://npmjs.org/)
- Efforts on enabling firefox hacking without compile steps.
- Testing with standard CommonJS unit testing APIs.
Will also outline how other teams use some of the APIs we already shipped.
Expected Outcome or Deliverable: Increase interest in the add-on developers / firefox contributors. After this session they will be able aware how Jetpack components already shipped in firefox can be used for add-on or firefox feature development. Share what else they should expect down the pipe soon.
Desired Audience Type or Skill-set: Anyone who ever tried add-on development or hacked on Firefox. Interested web-devs will be able to follow along too.
Equipment Needs (Video projector already included): n/a
To Be Completed by the Audience-
(If you would like) Submit a Question for the Speaker(s) or indicate what information you hope to gain by attending this talk here:
Place your name here if you would like to attend this talk:
- Jeff Griffiths