MozCampEU2012/Capturing Mozillians Knowledge
Title of session: Capturing Mozillians' Knowledge
Facilitator(s): Dino Anderson and Dia Bondi
Are you paid or volunteer staff?: staff
Area of Contribution (Team Name): Peoples Team
How are you currently involved with the community?: We are part of the People's Team and do Organizational Development work around Knowledge Capture and Distribution using video with Popcorn maker functionality.
Location of Work (where do you reside?): SF and MV
Talk Length (please choose between 30, 60, 90, 120 minutes): 60 min
Summary: We have two things we'd like to do. These can work in tandem or stand alone.
1. We'll be walking the halls with camera in hand informally interviewing Mozilla Staff and community. We'll ask:
1)what special knowledge can they share that would help others be more successful in the project 2)what questions do they want answers to that will help them be more successful.
We'll get the video and cut it together later for distribution and consumption post-Mozcamp.
2. Conduct a workshop session where contributors will learn more about the Viki project, engage in an activity that will advance the project and tap their talents for future engagement in the Viki project.
How your session furthers the MozCamp Goals (https://wiki.mozilla.org/MozCampEU2012/Tracks): We're capturing knowledge that will be distributed to ALL Mozillians to empower them to engage their best talents.
Expected Outcome or Deliverable:
- the community will know the Viki project
- community will outline script possibilities
- we'll learn which questions to be answered through video stories
- identify the needs of the community and what they want from video
- find people who's talents resonate with this project
Desired Audience Type or Skill-set:
- video editors
- contributors interested in empowering other contributors
- writers/script writers-
Equipment Needs (Video projector already included):
- Video camera (we could bring our own)
- microphone for interviews
- room or area to conduct class
To Be Completed by the Audience-
(If you would like) Submit a Question for the Speaker(s) or indicate what information you hope to gain by attending this talk here:
Place your name here if you would like to attend this talk:
- Matej Novak