Users will be able to register for an account (and profile) in Mozillians via Invitation or Anonymous Registration.
When an anonymous community member wants to register an account onto Mozillians, they should go to a hyperlink which lets them "create a profile" (i.e. register). Thereafter, a page should load detailing the required and options fields to fill out (the fields listed and notes on their functionality are listed below). After submitting the form, the profile will be registered onto Mozillians as a non-vouched community member.
- Splash page - Go to the splash page and selects "Register" from the Login/Register links.
- Account registration page
- Data is validated and new Account created
- Create Profile - Fill out the form (e-mail and password are required) and click "I'm Done!/Continue"
- Request to be Vouched - Registered user will need to share their profile link to a vouched user in order to move their profile out of pending status.
- See Implementation Details
LDAP requires a value in:
- Last Name
- Display Name
Registration via Invitation
A vouched user may invite others to join Mozillians.org. If the user is registering via an invitation link, the invite code should be verified. Vouchee email address does not need to match the email address which the user is currently entering into the registration form.
If there is any issue with the invitation code:
- The new account should be created as normal
- A warning should be displayed that the invite code didn't work and the user will need to be vouched
If everything is valid, the system will automatically vouch the new user. The voucher will be recorded as having vouched for this new user (vouchee).
- User profile from vouched user perspective where the profile is pending approval. This page can be found via the search results page or a direct link to the profile page.
The system will record who the voucher was and that the user is now vouched.
- E-mail Verification
- Security whizz-bang on in-form password and e-mail confirmation (e.g. Mint.com)