Nature of Mozilla
In 2013 we identified three strands relating to the Nature of Mozilla that we wanted to make progress in. This page is a working zone to help us do that. The ultimate aim is to help expand and empower the Mozilla community.
- Slides from Mitchell's opening talk at Summit 2013
- Slides from Mitchell's closing talk at Summit 2013
What does 'Mozillian' mean?
- Summit 2013 Session Etherpad (with links to individual session notes)
- Gerv's blog post summarising Brussels and Toronto sessions
- David Boswell's blog post continuing the discussion
-- Need link from dboswell or others summarizing what this discussion concluded.
- Summit 2013 Session Etherpad
- Toronto session notes
- Key findings and recommendations from openmatt
- Working_open FAQ - work in progress
- Productive Discussion (output of another, related session) - how to run a community consultation on a topic well
How do we "practice open" at Mozilla?
- risks of practising open (conf. info, blame, slow, no decisions, bad PR)
- risks of practising closed (e.g. hard to try new things, won't scale...)
Compare both approaches to the 4 pillars in Mitchell's talk
- Mitchell to set up "escalation path" for openness issues