⚡ Warning: The content of this page is obsolete and kept for archiving purposes of past processes.
What is Pancake?
Pancake is a new Mozilla Labs project in which we're exploring the following questions:
- How can we make it easier for people to quickly get to the content and information they care about?
- Is there value in modeling and structuring web navigation in new ways -- rather than bookmarks, history, windows and tabs, what if navigation was organized by topic of interest, or things recommended by people of interest?
- If navigation is modeled by topics and people, what would be possible in the area of intelligent recommendations?
- What opportunities are created by touch interfaces to make using the web more productive, engaging and fun?
- Can we use HTML5 to create a web navigation experience that works on all of the devices in our lives?
We've started to investigate and develop some of these ideas by building an iPad app backed by a web service. We call it Pancake.
If you would like to help develop some of these ideas, you can find us here: