What is French Toast?
Meet French Toast: File:French Toast Intro.mov.tar.gz
French Toast is our code name for Pancake's next-generation user interface.
Minimum Viable Product
We're going to get here by way of a minimum viable product, which uses the existing Pancake infrastructure to create a search-based browser in the cloud.
Check out Pancake/French_Toast/UX/Minimum_Viable_Product for the details.
See Pancake/Prototyping for rational. User testing sessions:
Notes from feature implementation discussions we've had. These are living, and therefore loose, specs. What we've outlined here are hypothesis on the best way to address user stories. They will probably evolve in response to prototyping.
- Layer Navigation: "I want to understand where in the app I am, and how to navigate within it".
- Search View: "Help me find x. I want the results to be easy to understand".
- Type-ahead Search
- Clips & Boards "I want to save something I've found", "I want to share things I like"
See Pancake/French_Toast/UX for design rational and a list of all UX sub-pages.
- File:French Toast Intro.mov.tar.gz: An intro to French Toast, including an animated demo.
- File:French Toast UX Walkthrough.tar.gz: The master design document for French Toast. Contains wireframes, an animated prototype, design rational and user stories.
- File:French-toast-pinning-and-updates.mov.tar.gz: Further explorations of pins and the updates feed.
- File:French-toast-wireframe-artboard.pdf: a wireframe artboard exploring French Toast's UX concepts.
- File:French-toast-ux-animated-wireframe.tar.gz: An early animated keynote wireframe exploring interaction concepts for French Toast.
- File:French-toast-layer-behavior.mov.tar.gz: an in-depth description of how the layer navigation works.
- mozillapancake on Github: Group page for Pancake repos.
- gordonbrander/french-toast-html on Github: Prototype markup and styles for French Toast. Only just started.
- gordonbrander/French-Toast-Assets: Illustrator, Keynote and Photoshop files on Github.
- sfoster/amd-store on Github: A store forked from Dojo that allows you to create live query sets. Mixins for XHR, LocalStorage, etc.
-  early Pancake client.