- Final review of current French Toast designs, all is well & very excited to get started
- Put together initial draft of French Toast development plan
- Sent User Research projects proposal (first two) to Cori - no word yet, but I think she's in Brazil
- Went through some user research projects again in detail, started brainstorming out potential Pancake details based on them
- Got my Nexus 7 and have started using it as my primary tablet in prep for Android client
- Flesh out French Toast development plan
- Follow up with Cori about user research proposal
- Further brainstorming/thinking around user research findings
- Further thinking about a larger/longer-term user research project (4-6 month)
- Finalize what needs to move to the public wiki in order to do an initial release & move those things
- Start digging in to whatever research or information is available about search and sharing. Deep dive on these.
- Created interactive prototype Keynote, with all screens and states interconnected by links. Everything screen except profile is represented.
- Updated wireframes
- Explored interaction paradigms for layer stacking, allowing users to easily hop between layers.
- Wireframe for app dashboard
- Updates to wireframes based on interactive prototype feedback
- Updated UX deck with changes to wireframes.
- HTML prototyping a TODOs app with Reducers library. This library could potentially simplify and improve performance of the front-end. We're giving it a smoke test by building a simple TODOs app with it.
- User Research script
- Field test paper prototypes -- see if this gets us better feedback
- A few tweaks to the layer interaction model for the Keynote prototype
- Create a full animated demo path for the app
- Lean user testing with the prototype
- A bit more experimentation with Reducers.
My goal is to make as much progress on design as possible right now so we don't end up with engineering outpacing design.
- Exploring reactive programming approaches, reducers library
- Formed poor opinion of browserify
- Port of dojo store API and implementation with composable LocalStorage, Observable, JsonRest classes and mixins
- IndexDB-based API
- extensible architecture
- AMD with little/no dependencies
- "live" query results, opt-in item and item-property level change notification
- Exploring data-binding and reactive-style "views"
- Prototype TODO app using said store and handlebars for templating
- Review/prototype of entity/component based app architecture
- TODO proof-of-concept app underway
- Closure on above explorations
- Caching store proof of concept
- Initial lattice API prototype
- Integration plan as appropriate
- I've mostly been learning Android and hacking on a basic Pancake prototype.
- Pushed code to http://github.com/mozillapancake/pancake-android
- Configured a Jenkins instance to do automatic builds
- Builds can be grabbed from http://play.fxhome.mozillalabs.com/builds/Pancake-release-unsigned.apk
- Pushed a new build of Pancake to staging
- Dealt with a Persona issue that might affect us (deprecating older API Urls)
- Trying to get more functionality in the Android app.
- Experimenting with Linkedin's Cleo for Typeahead search
- Looked into some app packaging issues
- Wrote bits of a url recommendation engine based on pancake data
- Finish url recommendation engine
- Deployment to production
- Configuration of stats backends in staging & production
- Nada for Pancake
- Most work has been b2g gaia work and crashkill for mobile.
- same thing for this week plus holiday.
- same thing for the next week plus holiday.
- on holiday from 15 ~ 20th (friends' wedding. Will be back on the 21st.)