Participation/Community Gatherings/European Gathering 2016
- 1 Goals
- 2 Agenda
- 3 Code of Conduct
- 4 Logistics
- 5 Food
- 6 Weather
- 7 Tourist Information
The goals of this gathering were:
- Align attendees with what is happening at Mozilla
- Work with community leaders to build up our mobilizing strength in Europe
- Plan for two campaigns that we will be focusing on the upcoming months
- Maker Party EU (and Copyright reform campaign)
- Activate Mozilla
We believe it’s important that the European communities are aligned with these significant initiatives and we want to invest in Mozillians that can mobilize their communities.
From the Participation team we are focusing in 6 countries in Europe based on the market, relevance and community. Those countries are:
Other countries will be included, based on potential strength of the community and relevance to current campaigns. We encourage Mozillians from all European countries to apply.
Code of Conduct
As for every Mozilla event, we have a Code of Conduct for all the participants.
Phone numbers for Brian and Guillermo will be provided in emails and Telegram.
- Hashtag: #mozeurope16
- Euro Gathering 2016 Berlin Telegram group
All participants will be staying in the Park Inn Radisson Blue Alexanderplatz.
Address: Alexanderpl. 7, 10178 Berlin, Germany.
Getting from the airport to your hotel
From Tegel Airport
- Buy a single ticket for Berlin AB at the BVG counter in Tegel Airport, ticket machine (no credit cards) or directly from the bus driver (price: 2,60 EUR). You only need one ticket for the Bus and the metro. The ticket is valid for 2 hours going in one direction. If you're planing to go around the city more that same day, a one day ticket is perfect.
- Look for the sign on the outside roof to take the Bus 128 until the station "Osloer Strasse", it's the last stop. Frequency is around 10 minutes.
- Go down to the metro at take line U8 in direction "Boddinstrasse" or "Hermannstrasse".
- Get off at "Alexanderplatz" (7 stops) the hotel is located accross the Alexanderplatz square, next to the Galeria Kaufhof.
- The trip is around 40 minutes in total.
From Schönefeld Airport
- Buy a single ticket for Berlin ABC on the machine or counters at the exit of the Airport (Price: 3,30 EUR).
- Take train RB14 or RE7 direction Alexanderplatz
- The trip is around 25 minutes in total for 3 stops. Please note that Train frequency can be 15 to 30 minutes.
Getting from the Hotel to the Venue
Link to directions From the hotel go directly to Alexanderplatz station and take metro line U8 direction Hermannstrasse, and get off in Moritzplatz (3 stops). Venue is around 300 mts away from the Metro. You can see the details in the following map:
- Breakfast will be at the hotel and it's included.
- Lunch and coffee break snacks will be catered for at the venue
Averages for September:
- Temperature: 15°C (58°F)
- Low Temperature: 10°C (50°F)
- High Temperature: 19°C (66°F)
- Sunshine Hours: 7 hrs
- Rainfall: 45mm
- Rainfall days: 13 days
If you come early or stay longer, here is some information.
Hop on Hop off on public transportation Tour
You can see most of Berlin's tourist spots by using the public transportation. The most famous bus line is bus route 100 or 200, which leaves from Zoo Station ("Berlin Zoologischer Garten") or, if you want to go the other way round, Alexanderplatz. This crosses most of historic Berlin, including many of the sites listed on Wikitravel. For the price of a city bus ticket or daily pass, it's possible to see many of the landmarks of Berlin from one of these yellow double-decker buses. Sit up top as it's easier to see the Bundestag, as well as the many historic buildings on Unter den Linden. If you're lucky, you'll get the legendary bus-driver who delivers a commentary (in Berlin-accented German) on the trip. Line 200 takes nearly the same route, but it goes through the modern quarters around Kulturforum (Philharmonie, museums) and Potsdamer Platz. Either ride is a must for any visitor to Berlin.
Check out the following links: