Participation/Community Gatherings< Participation
Events listed here are organized by the Participation team and aim to support the following goal:
"A focus set of relevant training and learning opportunities for mobilizers are systematized and they regularly access these opportunities to be more effective in their contributions and as a result providing more impact to Mozilla’s main initiatives."
Do you want to organize a Gathering for your local Community?
Community Gatherings are important events to share learning and knowledge with your communities and align your plans and ideas with Mozilla's goals. Community Gatherings had a set of common goals:
- Align Mozilla’s community with Mozilla’s goals
- Improve mozillians’ team and individual skills
Your local community can add another if you need something specific.
We recommend the following path to propose a Community Gathering:
- Read Logistic and Content playbook (both have a long version and a slide deck. You can find it in the Drive folder)
- Read Community Gathering FAQ at Discourse (still to be created)
- Write a Briefing document with your current plan
- Sent the Briefing to Reps/regional Team and Reps Council
- After their review, begin to work in the rest of documents and planning
- Begin the organization process through Reps program