Participation/Global Gatherings 2015/Singapore/Content/running an awesome hackathon
Session Title: Running an Awesome Hackathon
Leadership Framework Component: Developing Specialization, Empowering Teams & People, Building for Action & Impact
Session Description (this will appear on the sched app, so please edit to reflect clarity):
Running an awesome hackathon!
- Everyone understands their potential to run or organize a hackathon
- Everyone understands how mentorship roles can support, and in many cases are critical for success
- Everyone understands how to design with varying skillsets in mind
- Everyone has an aha moment on a skill they can leverage through hackathon that's not your typical code-athon (ie: doc sprint)
- People leave with an idea of common challenges, and ways to approach solving them through preparation.
- Everyone understands the role of communication and pre-work in setting people up for success.
- People begin to imagine types of victories for participation in a hackathon beyond the pull request. (like solving a problem, like updating the readme)
Agenda (draft is fine!):
Facilitators: (use Mozillian links if possible, otherwise next best profile link):
Session documents & Relevant Links: