Equal Rating Innovation Challenge
An Open Innovation Challenge
- New and energized community around the topic of connecting the unconnected,
- Clear publicly recognition of Mozilla’s leadership around Equal Rating,
- Ability for Mozilla to run an open innovation challenge and positive example of open innovation,
- Several viable product solutions that provide affordable access to the unconnected.
Alignment With Mozilla Goals
An open innovation challenge is a strong lever to achieve goals including building brand, increasing topic awareness, creating buzz in a community, and having clear tangible outputs to point to like a website, media assets, products, entrepreneur stories.
- Positive response via media and social to events and announcements,
- participation in aspects of the innovation challenge, not just submissions,
- Demo Day success in terms of quality of event, entrepreneurs, public response.
Started May 2016, end estimated Sept 2017. See website for schedule: equalrating.com
Jochai and Chris Riley (domain expertise), Mitchell and Surman (Mozilla mission/org), Mika and Liz (legal), Marshall (privacy), Michele W (marketing comms), George/Rosana (participation tech team)
Link to key resources/strategy
List by heartbeat i.e.:
Work To Date
List any finished work, decisions, report-backs, metrics etc to show progress.
How to get involved