This is proposed home page of the proposed payments working group. The goal is to make payments better for the web. This is a seperate project from the Marketplace, although the Marketplace payments team might become consumers of the outcomes of this group.
Make payments more secure, easier for developers and users.
- mozPay the existing platform API for initiating a payment.
- SilentSMS a way to authenticate a device using silent SMS.
APIs under Discussion
- Request Autocomplete: Allow completion of payment information in one client eg: Desktop, then have it sync over to other devices like Android and Firefox OS. So that you don't have to type in all the information on mobile.
- Bug 939351 and Android bug 946022 and Firefox OS bug 964295.
- There is an example mockup for Android.
Users and developers should not be locked down into just one payment choice. A payment chooser would allow users to chose alternative payment systems when starting off the payment flow.
Is trusted UI a valued approach? Could we do something more with this UI and expand this to more systems. Currently its only usable by persona and marketplace payments.
There are discreet and useful APIs that we can create after our experience with the Marketplace. See: https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/Direct_Billing for a proposal.
Could the client act as a broker to prevent the passing of personal information?
Can there be an improvement in the transparency of where your personal information is going, how the payment is going to be split up and what happens afterwards in terms of refunds?
Supporting alternative payment systems.
Mailing list: https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/wg-payments
The mailing list is open to the public.