- We're on reddit and hackernews!
Make sure P1 bugs are moving
Bug list - 16 bugs
- Most P1 bugs in good shape :)
- bug 637931 demoted to P2: we agree it's "long term"
- bug 651695 demoted to P2
Triage MemShrink bugs that don't have priorities marked
Bug list - 14 bugs
- bug 668809 - we decided this is a P1 metabug
- We considered splitting out "use diffbloatdump after doing some normal browsing" into a separate information-gathering bug
- bug 668871 - turned out to be multiple bugs, one involving firebug and one with some kind of timing issue.
- Let's file a separate bug for firebug (which might turn out to be a dup of bug 669096)
- Do compartments map 1:1 with anything that appears in about:bloat? (Fuzzing uses about:bloat)
- Should map 1:1 xpc::CompartmentPrivate ... which isn't listed in about:bloat
- bug 669120 - controversial!
- heap-minimize is a big hammer. clears user-visible things like bfcache. (but perhaps we could exclude bfcache for the most-recently-active tab or something like that)
- maybe only if firefox is minimized and remains minimized for over a minute
Make sure P2 bugs are moving
Bug list - 44 bugs
- We ran out of time before getting to the P2 bugs.
Discussion about bug 663416
- QA/Mozmill Test Automation/Endurance Tests
- Currently consists of 6 tests, each of which have at least two checkpoints at which they measure memory use (explicit and resident for Firefox 6+, mapped and allocated for Firefox 4-5)
- This framework can also be used for ad-hoc tests (such as tests that load a public web site over and over again)
- We don't have a great idea of which browser features (or which web sites) are important to test in this manner
- Intending to ramp up tests in Q3, and align with Memshrink and Telemetry
- Can run tests with additional addons installed
- Intending on comparing average results between builds from same hardware
- Jesse is playing with a DOM fuzzer mode that detects more types of leaks. (After doing random stuff: navigate to blank, GC+CC+MP, count windows & documents using about:bloat.)
- Found 4 bugs just looking for extra documents & windows
- What should I have the fuzzer look for next?
- nsGenericHTMLElement would have the advantage of having less chrome churn
- Everything that appears in about:bloat?
- Likely to be noisy
- Everything that appears in about:memory?
- Could enumerate the reporters, like about:memory does
- Some of the things are computed by about memory js, which doesn't provide an API of its own