- Tuesday - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 19:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S - <script> conference room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel
Notices / Schedule
- Beta 1 Schedule
- en-US string freeze is Thursday, Sept 26th at 11:59pm PDT
- code freeze is Tuesday, Sept 30th at 11:59pm PDT
- Beta 2 Schedule
- en-US string freeze is Thursday, October 30th at 11:59pm PDT
- code freeze is Tuesday, November 4th at 11:59pm PDT
- Please take a look at the feature list and get things missing added, and update status for things you own: Firefox3.1/Features#Gecko_1.9.1
- See the security review schedule page to get your review scheduled ASAP!
Firefox 3.1 Update
GFX 1.9.1 Update
- GFX blocking 1.9.1+
- GFX wanted 1.9.1+
- General bugfixing, esp. win32 corner cases
- Downloadable fonts:
- Landing today!
Mac OS X Update
- Mac OS X nsLocalFile rewrite in review
- Stat cache removal for Linux and Windows happening
- More general 1.9.1/1.9.0 fixes on the way
Layout 1.9.1 Update
- 1.9.1 Layout Bugs
- trunk now at 89/100
- patches currently in bug 302775, bug 174351, bug 454325, bug 178258, and bug 216462 (with --enable-smil or equivalent modification of patch) get us to 97/100
- missing 3 points (#77, #78, #79) for SVG fonts
- intermittently (but quite rarely) missing points (#26, #27, #80) for bug 335998 (GC timing and nodes owning parents)
- Layout tests:
- white X on purple and red background in upper right is due to lack of support for downloadable TTF fonts (bug 441473, etc.; I think the current patch fixes this on Windows and Mac OS X only)
- Currently too slow on #26 by about a factor of 4. This is an explicit performance test of DOM. We're currently spending about 30% of the time in JS+XPConnect (JS, quick stubs) and about 70% in content+layout (content and frame creation, style resolution)
- favicon.ico is displayed as the favicon, despite being a 404 response (bug 281150)
- SMIL (dholbert):
- Still finishing up some cleanup / refactoring after first review
- Not going to make b1 freeze -- per discussion in meeting, pushing out to Firefox 3.2
Content 1.9.1 Update
- Content 1.9.1 Bugs
- Worker Threads:
- DOM worker XHR-X landed, got backed out, but ready to re-land
- Cross-site XHR:
- All but one part is done, reviewed n' all. The last part is a small change to support cookie-less requests, which is done, and waiting for reviews. Will land today (with or w/o cookie-less request support).
- Speculative <script src="..."> loading:
- <script src="..."> part done, landed 9/29. But apparently got backed out due to random crashes (?)
- Speculative loading of images and other resources split into separate bugs.
- peterv, jorendorf, gal, and others in town this week brainstorming about possible approaches here.
- JS 1.9.1 Bugs
- Tracing will not be on by default for Beta 1
- Tracing stability improving, nearly passing test suite
- JSON landing today
- Continuing tracing and test coverage work
Mobile 1.9.1 Update
- Mobile 1.9.1 Platform Bugs
- bug 432792 Continuing to land Windows Mobile fixes. Please review.
- bug 447866 Still no review on http pipelining performance bug...
General 1.9.1 Updates
- offline cache, dcamp: bug 442813 (fallback/opportunistic cache behavior): landing today.
- offline events, dcamp: bug 426932 (offline events for osx): landing today.
- localStorage, honzab: bug 422526: waiting on review.
- HTML5 drag-drop:
- Looking for assistance resolving a problem with focus in tests. Please read and make suggestions in http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.platform/browse_thread/thread/18ba18fe0690621b# (Mossop)
- Plan on closing the tree tomorrow to land places fsync work. We've had issues int the past with windows unit tests hanging, so we'd like to debug in tree since we cannot reproduce locally, or with old windows test boxes. (sdwilsh/dietrich)
- Documentation: selectors API has been documented; see Firefox 3.1 for developers for links. About half the CSS changes have been documented, as has Object.getPrototypeOf.