From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »


  • Tuesday - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 19:00 UTC
  • Mozilla Building S - <script> conference room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • #shiretoko for backchannel

Notices / Schedule

Beta 2

  • 2 Firefox 3.1 Beta 2 blockers left, 0 nominations
    • both are ready to land
  • 19 Gecko 1.9.1 Beta 2 blockers left, 6 nominations
    • 15 of the JS bugs have patches in tracemonkey tree, need merge back
  • ETA for freeze up (finally) is tomorrow according to all involved
  • QA has requested 7 days, might want to squeeze that down to 5?

Branching Post Beta 2

  • plan is to create a new repository for the branch (see the dev.planning thread for details)
  • releng needs to..:
    • clone repositories
    • set up builders (comes from same pool of slaves, no problem)
    • set up unit tests (comes from same pool of slaves, no problem)
    • talos machines set up, need to get connected (ETA: 1-7 days)
    • getting started now
  • documentation needs to be written for ..:
    • how to pull branch
    • how to apply to branch, how to uplift from central to branch

Blocker Report

  • I'll start adding this every week


Firefox 3.1 Update

  • dev-apps-firefox has had some good back and forth on design and interaction issues, be sure to read up
  • Ctrl-Tab
    • feedback on UI has resulted in some changes to the interaction
    • not sure that we're going to get this properly solved for 3.1, at which point we might do better to pull it now and get it right for next version
    • if you want to try the new interaction: see the mockup, play with tryserver builds
  • Tear off tabs
    • several regressions spotted
    • Mano has a new patch, landing today
  • Performance
    • Ryan found some more Ts wins
    • team turning to bug fixes, polish and performance fixes for next little while

GFX 1.9.1 Update

  • GFX blocking 1.9.1+
  • GFX wanted 1.9.1+
  • Bulk of remaining work is:
    • Linux downloadable fonts -- first patch went up yesterday
    • Other dl fonts fixes (access-control, otf)
    • Crash/assertion fixes in imglib
    • perf work.

Mac OS X Update

  • Josh working on cross-platform plugin test framework.
  • Steven working on blocking and wanted bugs for 1.9.1.

Layout 1.9.1 Update

Content 1.9.1 Update

JS 1.9.1

Mobile 1.9.1 Update

General 1.9.1 Updates

  • offline cache, dcamp:
  • localStorage, honzab:
  • HTML5 drag-drop:


Security Reviews


Closed Tree Hook

Next Milestone

  • beltzner has been talking with a bunch of people, trying to break things down and understand how to make this decision
    • goals: get more beta users, ensure quality of release, meet new "smaller, more frequent" release cycle
    • considerations: add-on compatibility drives usage, JS engine replacement means we need broad web compatibility testing, several features landed late in the b2 cycle, b2 now estimated for first week of december
    • requirements:
      • declare platform frozen for add-on development and themers
      • quickly identify any l10n changes required to get that work scheduled
      • do not accept any new features, only interaction and functional updates based on feedback (bugs, discussions, suggestions)
      • leave enough time to find compatibility issues & react
      • ensure we get user base testing the breadth of the web
    • does this necessarily imply a B3 vs an RC1?
  • Suggested names of branches/clones for FF3.1 are discussed in .planning and bug 464640