Notices / Schedule
- respin due to bug 495648
- no new schedule yet; will know more after QA starts
- Schedule on the wiki
- If your name is on this list, you own a blocker
- Code freeze is June 16 at 11:59pm (but don't perendinate too long!)
- closed mozilla-central to all but approved patches and blockers on May 21
- build and QA are waiting on cutoff, ready-to-roll
- looks like we will close up on Wednesday, June 3
- 3 blocker nominations (-5 w/w)
- 10 code blockers left without a fix (-2 w/w), 12 non-code blockers (+1 w/w)
- 21 total outstanding blockers not marked fixed1.9.1/verified1.9.1 (+5 w/w)
Since 1.9.1 branch ...
Past 2 weeks ...
- our ability to move fixes from mozilla-central to mozilla-1.9.1 is impressive, due largely to better sheriffing practises and attention to [oranges]
- need to keep an eye on small performance regressions
- need to ask ourselves: fix regression or backout original fix?
- 40 blockers marked fixed1.9.1 over last week
- 3 bugs nominated for blocking over last week (-6 w/w)
- 39 patches approved for 1.9.1 over last week
- 8 bugs with approval1.9.1+ that are not yet landed on 1.9.1
Browser / Front End
- Polish update: Firefox is 56% shiny (0% change)
GFX 1.9.1 Update
- No blockers, no noms, no worries
- 1.9.1: Content Blockers:
- jst on vacation from 6/3 through 6/23.
Mac OS X Update
- No 1.9.1 blockers.
- Steven working on a new JEP to fix regression, bug 495278.
- Most major work (filesystem, plugin, and 64-bit) waiting for trunk to open and Neil's focus patch to land.
These are bugs that fall outside of components covered by the Gfx, Content, Layout and JS groups:
Mobile 1.9.1 Update
- blocking-fennec (1.0b2+, 1.0b3+ & 1.0+) [bugs]
- Chromium IPC library building on Linux and Mac
- Hilariously hacky fixes for building without -fshort-wchar landed
- Test app building/working
- Linux crash figured out
- Multiple event loops on mac == multiple dock icons, input event issues?
- cjones updating bent's out-of-process plugin prototype for new IPC glue
- bent beginning to look at launching windows and communicating with them in test app
- mobile builds now on try server (linux-arm, WinCE).
- let us know if problems
- watching try server for load
- added 10 win32 slaves to try server yesterday; more linux try slaves coming
- two win32 try server talos slaves offline for graydon testing
- mobile tree closed fri (and mon?) for office move
- sequence of downtimes immediately after FF3.5rc1 builds and updates are handed to QA
- keeping tree closed, will do in stable blocks and then watch, rinse, repeat.
- unittest-separate-from-build, pooled-talos-machines, new ref platforms, central config management, mobile talos changes, new graph server changes, netapp disk upgrades full list here
- can stop and do respin if needed