Notices / Schedule
- code freeze January 19th
- there are 17 blockers remaining for 184.108.40.206
- owners are: smaug, dbaron, ddahl, dholbert, Enn, honzab, igor, jimm, jst, mrbkap (x5), roc, surkov, wtc
- there are 31 blockers remaining for 220.127.116.11
- owners are: smaug, dbaron, ddahl, dholbert, dolske, Enn, gal (x2), honzab, igor, jimm, joe, jst, kaie, matsp, mrbkap (x8), rs, roc, surkov, wtc and 3 unassigned (XPConnect, 2xDOM)
- release Feb 16th
- 2.0.2 with Gecko 18.104.22.168 and a mail freeze fix released yesterday
- 2.0.3 planned in sync with Firefox 3.5.8
Firefox 3.6 Release Candidate
- available last Friday, announced yesterday
- reviewing blocker nominations daily
Firefox Future Releases
- discuss now or roundtable, your choice!
Firefox 3.6 RC Code Completion
- Release Blockers (flag: blocking1.9.2 or blocking-firefox3.6)
Browser / Front End
- if you want to play with a preview of the new theme, install Strata40 and StrataBuddy
- sdwilsh is tracking his work on reducing main thread IO if you'd like to follow along
- NSID ended, and Joe did a silly thing.
- Ben did an awesome thing, and has a patch (still to be posted) on bug 497225, Core Animation plugin API support, required for fast cross-process plugins on OS X.
- DirectWrite (bug 527707) and Direct2D (bug 527707) patches are undergoing heavy review by the various stakeholders.
- Lots of work going on for out-of-process plugins on Windows.
- More in the GFX weekly meeting notes.
- No 1.9.2 issues
- Windowed plugins inside CSS transforms are not being displayed, intentionally
- Landed changes to move scrolling out of views (use nsIScrollableFrame for everything)
- Landed some rework of font backends, ongoing work to split font backends into gfx*FontList, gfx*Shaper, gfx*Font (rendering)
- Image layers taking shape, will be used by video. Next steps:
- accelerated YUV conversion and scaling when using D3D and OpenGL layers (which we should enable for fullscreen video)
- off-main-thread video rendering?
- bc-cat texture streaming and YUV conversion for N900
- integrating DSP decoder with swizzling for video on N900 with no CPU touch of the video data
- Need to really focus on view manager integration/widget removal next/now, we'll need it for Fennec+layers as well as Jetpack and other chrome-over-content features
- Mozilla people at FOMS/LCA conferences this week and next
- peterv is making good progress on speeding up unwrapping in quickstubs.
- Jason starting to spread out the workload on electrolysis networking work.
- OOPP work moving forward towards enabling it by default.
- Ben Newman has tests in the works for CPOWs.
- Jonas is working on tests for our atom table in preparation for landing the UTF8 to UTF16 changes for the atom table.
- Work on crashkill bugs ongoing.
- HTML5 parser update (hsivonen).
Platform-specific Support Update
- ES5 changes landing, more blogging
- Interpreter rearchitecture underway
- WebGL typed arrays landed
- Cross-domain data theft using CSS (bug 524223): the "complicated heuristic" is implemented but not landed anywhere. Waiting for dbaron / drivers.
- Starting weekly meetings, 1PM (PT) Wednesdays
- Hopefully will turn on OOPP by default tomorrow or Thursday
- Need Talos downtime 14-Jan (morning or evening?)
- Beta1 code-complete tentatively scheduled for next week, but we probably won't quite hit that
- Adding delay to continuous building of FF3.0. Details in bug 539105
- Talos Rebasing (continued)
- new hardware arrived, unboxed
- xp image being installed
- ubuntu changing to fedora32, fedora64
- WinVista changing to Win7
- Splitting up 'everythingelse'. Read post in dev-tree-management if interested.
- Downtime on Thursday (14th) bug 539135
- XULRunner branch release plan: We release XR on 3 branches. How long do we keep releasing a branch?
- Firebug at beta 9, have 3 smallish bugs to fix, hope to have beta / RC tomorrow (wednesday)
- 2010 Releases
- Firefox 3.7
- Firefox 4.0
- Blocklist bug 538302 before 3.6 release? (sicking)