Notices / Schedule
Mozilla Central Developer Preview (1.9.3 Alpha 2)
- Please avoid landing large/scary patches on mozilla-central until after this milestone is reached. The critical path for the milestone is:
- bug 532208 - make browser->plugin streams unidirectional
- bug 545734 - hide the iframe used to submit plugin crash reports
- bug 547894 - topcrash with DivX passing null to a string function
- bug 544074 - topcrash at PluginModuleChild::UnregisterActorForNPObject
- bug 545195 - mysterious topcrash at shutdown
Browser / Front End
- Tab Matches in Awesomebar now only awaiting super-review bug 480350
- Neil's work reducing work spent to set up toolbars on startup landed (bug 354048), props to Dao for much reviewing there.
- New theme implementation has begun, see Stephen Horlander's note to DAF.
Hardware Acceleration Update
- Layers plan on the whiteboard:
- Basic infrastructure (roc) (done)
- Video rendering (roc) (done)
- D3D backend (close) (Bas) (see demo)
- OpenGL backend (Bas)
- Content/chrome integration (roc/tnikkel)
- Speeding up native theme rendering to accelerated targets (Windows plan worked out)
- Render plugins using layers on Fennec (dougt?)
- Retaining layers across paints (including scrolling) (roc)
- Cross-process layer rendering (joe)
- At this point we should be able to do a great Fennec and desktop release
- WebGL acceleration (jeff)
- Render plugins on Mac using layers (benwa)
- Render plugins on Windows using layers
- Off-main-thread layer rendering with animations and video playback
- Render CSS transforms using layers
- Add support for CSS 3D transforms using layers
- Support for CSS transitions animated using layers
- Accelerate SVG filter rendering using layers
- Chris Double posted about YUV-conversion routines, comparing various implementations. Chrome's looks good, we'll probably use it.
- Content Process Event Handlers landed, and starting to work on integrating with CPOW's (smaug)
- HTML5 parser now gets through Mochitest runs with some tests disable w/o timing out (hsivonen)
- HTML5 parser tp4 regression identified, plan on hand to fix (hsivonen)
- Fixed a long standing leak proneness bug with window.close() (bnewman)
Note: bz will soon be out for a couple of weeks, if you need something from him before then, talk to him ASAP.
Platform-specific Support Update
- Gecko 1.9.3 will be Mac OS X 10.5+ (final decision)
- Furious hacking taking place on method-based JIT (dmandelin, jseward, lw, dvander)
- ES5 update (Waldo)
- Threading and GC changes (jorendorff, igor, gwagner)
- breakpad for ARM (jimb)
- continuing perf wins in nanojit (nnethercote)
- Read the latest weekly update.
- Taras posted about function ordering findings.
- bug 525013: Static build still in reviews, need to figure out approach to binary tests on the tinderbox.
- bug 520309: Ben's work on the startup cache is still waiting on first-review from Bsmedberg.
- Neil's work on bug 354048 to not rebuild toolbars at startup,
has review, should land soonhas landed.
- View snapshot results for startup and all other tests.
- More details on the project page.
- DWARF CFI patches still under review by Google
- .eh_frame support submitted, waiting for review.
- Linux symbol dumper done; Mac symbol dumper in progress.
- ARM Linux (Maemo, Android) dumper being finished up by Google; stackwalker done, waiting for review.
- x86_64 (Mac, Linux) stackwalker written, needs more tests. Linux dumper ok; Mac dumper needs bug filed.
- Will be updating M-C Breakpad, with the above patches, to shake out the new code.
- talos switchover; turning off rev2 machines, bringing on more rev3 machines bug 537065
- new physical builders bug 545136
- 25 win32 builders: half in production yesterday, rest in staging or dead
- 25 linux builders: grub corruption issues, still debugging
- cycling through Linux 64 slaves to add puppet to them. bug 505232
- followup on 10.4:
- continue to run 10.4 on mozilla-1.9.0, mozilla-1.9.1, mozilla-1.9.2, lorentz, try
- drop from other project branches
- need to find an owner for mysterious new trunk topcrash bug 545195
- may be related to DLL blocklisting, although not sure
- comes and goes daily/hourly, but when it's around it's the #1 trunk topcrash by a big factor
- firebot noise in IRC. probably time to avoid giving the status changes of each tinderbox tree. it's anti-social.
- sixgill results: http://sixgill.org/firefox/write_overflow/index.html