« previous week | index | next week »
Notices / Schedule
- Wrapping up work for the Firefox 5 content complete / (hopefully) final beta build
- Will be built out of releases/mozilla-beta, not the release repo
- For specific details, see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Beta/2011-06-06
- Bugs we absolutely need to get into releases/mozilla-beta before our final expected beta build, by 2:00 pm PDT today: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=%5Bblocks-fx5b5%5D
- If you know of a bug that needs to go into Firefox 5 or a potentially bad issue needing more investigation, please nominate it, email email@example.com, contact LegNeato in IRC, etc ASAP
- Draft schedule we are working with is @ https://firstname.lastname@example.org/Firefox%205.html
- This is why we need to build our (hopefully) final beta build this week, working back from the 21st
- Today's Aurora meeting will also cover beta
- Removed the channel switcher (bug 659972, blog post)
- Blog post about NPOTB patches on aurora/beta
- Q2 goal updates Platform/2011-Q2-Goals
- Q3 goal planning Platform/2011-Q3-Goals
- Benoit Girard landed async drawing for Core Graphics and Core Animation plugins on Mac OS X. (bug 598425)
- Should provide a big perceived performance improvement when you have plugins on a page.
- Brings OS X up to platform parity with Windows and Linux.
- Please look for plugin drawing/performance regressions on OS X!
- new API for finding the actual fonts used by a chunk of content (after font selection etc) nearly ready to land (jfkthame)
- If you might want to use such an API, see bug 467669
- Josh working on moving plugins to content, will allow display:none instances and re-parenting without restarting instances.
- nothing to add this week.
- Should have Nick Hurley's standalone network test suite for Linux ready by next week. Will allow for adjusting latency, random packet loss, and "reproducible random" packet loss while replaying a browsing session.
- Tomorrow (June 8) is IPv6 test day. (It technically begins 6 hours after this meeting, at Midnight GMT.) Test, report bugs!
- bsmedberg posted to dev.planning regarding plans about extension (and Firefox frontend) compatibility
- Felipe working on getting a running browser ifdef-ing off non-essential code
- Reducing test slave load
- trychooser syntax will be required to reduce load. bug 649402
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=659328#c4 - determine which suites to merge
- bug 661585 - a lot of setup time improvements; going to improve network connectivity between datacentres
- You can help! We need help profiling test runs to see if there are ways to make them faster.
- migration from tp4 --> tp5 (bug 658392 and threads in dev.tree-management, dev.planning).
- Rollout plan is still being worked out. Need to be careful to avoid increasing load on slaves, or disrupting faster release cadence (FF5.0, FF6.0...).
- Trunk ADUs around 47K.
- Top crash browser crash list for the trunk yesterday - https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/chofmann/20110606/top-7.0a1.html
- Still reviewing the list since some crashes are low volume, same user, dups etc.
- New signatures we have logged
- js::gc::ScanObject - Bug 661366
- nsRuleNode::HasAuthorSpecifiedRules(nsStyleContext*, unsigned int, int) Bug 662568
- _cairo_hash_table_lookup_exact_key Bug 662584
- Security bug triage is changing, the responsibility for suggesting security ratings for bugs is being shifted towards developers rather than the security group. (jst)
- MemShrink effort (initiated by Nicholas Nethercote) starting up on Tuesday next week (6/14) at 1pm pacific. Meeting details TBD. (jst)