- Realize Android as a top-tier supported platform alongside Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Implement priortized list of features required to support Web Apps (Joint with Product and Apps teams).
- Ship a new developer tool prototype in a release.
Notices / Schedule
- Firefox 5 looks great, thanks everyone for your hard work!
- Next mozilla-central → mozilla-aurora source migration is on 2011-07-05 (1 week!)
- We'll have a rapid-release process postmortem this Thursday, 2011-06-30 from 10:00 am PDT - 12:00 noon PDT. Details will be sent to dev-planning today
- Bas landed the new Azure Canvas backend using Direct2D on mozilla-central. Nightly is much faster on a lot of benchmarks!
- Preliminary results were published a while ago.
- Please test sites that use Canvas, and report bugs!
- If you're using Windows 7 or Vista, please fill out John Daggett's DirectWrite font rendering survey.
- We got a break on an EnterMethodJIT crash!
- Users had been reporting crashes on Yahoo Mail Beta (bug 655660) and others.
- David Anderson was able to reproduce the crash and fix it.
- The bug was a too-small bitfield holding patch locations for ICs that could grow very large.
- This bug might be a good fraction of the EnterMethodJIT crashes we get.
- We're starting work on GC topcrashes
- Bill McCloskey is finishing a new Breakpad feature to snapshot stack traces at desired points (e.g., when GC runs) and put them in minidumps: bug 662646.
- Figuring out these crashes will take a while--we'll need to experiment with different measurements and analyze data over time.
- text-overflow landed! Includes text-overflow:ellipsis and text-overflow:<string>
and text-overflow:<left> <right>! Handles all sorts of edge cases other browsers don't reach! (bug 312156)
- Looks like Jonathan Kew got a 6% Tp win on MacOS 10.6 using some new font APIs
- DOM memory reporting starting to shape up, bug 663271 (Mounir)
- Initial landing of ifdefs almost complete.
- Initial dynamic analysis of chrome-content interactions up for review.
- Bugs for multiple content processes posted, see bug 641683 for details.
- disable tp4 (except for older release branches)
- tp5 catches the same regressions and has been running side-by-side it for almost two weeks on all branches
- this was announced last week on this meeting and through mailing lists
- everything is ready to disable it on this Thursday
- please read more about it on this blog post
- Turning off Firefox 3.5 automation this week.
- Trunk crashes have been a bit wild
- List for yesterday - https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/chofmann/20110627/top-7.0a1.html
- Top Crash on the trunk is now fixed: bug 666751
- New regressions on the trunk:
- Spike in plugin crashes on the trunk on 2011-06-25: https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/chofmann/20110626/top-plugin-crashes-7.0a1.html. Needs some investigation.
- bug 665775 should alleviate some of the datamngr.dll crashes which affect all versions (#19 top non plugin crash on Firefox 5 currently)
- If you want to discuss crashes more, come to CrashKill on Monday.
- Telemetry is on, start adding probes: https://blog.mozilla.com/tglek/2011/06/22/developers-how-to-submit-telemetry-data/
- It's easy! It can take as little as 10 minutes!
- If you're not sure whether a new probe would introduce privacy problems, ask Asa (who will check with legal & privacy teams).
- MSVC 2010 Migration: http://blog.kylehuey.com/post/7015378885/migrating-to-msvc-2010 - followup to .platform
- Means dropping support for Win2000 and WinXP-before-SP2
- Aurora is next week, time for features-of-note! Please mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have new developer or platform features, new developer tools or performance improvements of platform changes worth noting in our public communications or records.
- WebGL Security Discussion