- Realize Android as a top-tier supported platform alongside Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Implement priortized list of features required to support Web Apps (Joint with Product and Apps teams).
- Ship a new developer tool prototype in a release.
Notices / Schedule
- The mozilla-central → mozilla-aurora and mozilla-aurora → mozilla-beta source migrations are done
- Thanks bz!
- l10n will happen shortly, Axel is handling it
- We'll be asking for a build off of mozilla-beta once the l10n source migration is done
- It should be a day or two before the updates are offered to the beta audience
- mozilla-aurora has nightly automation so a build will be created. bug 669305 tracks turning off the automatic updates until QA gives the go
- It should be a day or two before the updates are offered to the aurora audience
- New fx-team repo is live
- Gavin's on point for merge management
- dev-tools repo may integrate there as well
- Drew waiting on mrbkap feedback for callsite logging of all chrome/content crossover points bug 666713
- Migration day!
Gregor Wagner picked up a pair of huge MemShrink:P1 wins:
- bug 656120 (GC more often using a timer)
- (Background: GC was previously triggered only by allocation, so GCs were not triggered during idle time even if there was lots of garbage.)
- njn: 'Basically, it fixes the "I left Firefox running overnight and now my machine has locked up" problem.'
- Reduced idle memory usage by 70-370 MB in some user-reported scenarios
- bug 666058 (dedicated memory allocator chunks for system objects)
- (Background: long-lived system objects would be allocated interspersed with other objects in the same 1MB chunks, so those chunks could never be reclaimed.)
- njn measured a 30% reduction in JS heap size during general browsing
- 5x improvement in JS heap size after closing all tabs
- Crash numbers look pretty good across Trunk, Aurora, 5.0 and 4.0.1
- New Trunk Crashes filed
- Aurora has a few new crashes that will be looked at following the meeting:
- New versions added to Socorro to cover the migration
- MemShrink meeting today at 1pm! Dialin info in dev-platform.