Notices / Schedule
- Firefox team is at an offsite today
- Source migration happened last Tuesday, all the resulting updates are on the wire
- Next mozilla-central → mozilla-aurora source migration is August 16th
- Goals should be getting locked down
As mentioned above, Firefox team is offsite this week. Some of the things discussed include:
- Updated feature pages (courtesy of deb)
- Adding telemetry to front end code (etherpad)
- Compiling a consolidated set of effective code review practices
We'll try to vidyo in, but are likely to stay muted
- We're trying an experiment of just using mozilla-inbound for landings (the benefits: daily regression resolution, rather than weekly; no need for someone to spend time merging). So for the next two weeks, everything JS is landing in mozilla-inbound, and the TraceMonkey repository is temporarily abandoned. When the two weeks are up we'll decide whether to return to TM or just use mozilla-inbound.
- Production pool of Windows 64-bit; 5 machines now live this week
- More tegras coming; 40 in boxes here; 160 still being created
- any help fixing tests would be great list here
- downtime tonight: faster connection between colos == faster builds
- The Build Faster meetings will be happening every other week
- We had a great turnaround and went over a lot of bugs to prioritize
- Join us at the next meeting and feel free to contribute!
- Tonight's downtime will improve downloading binaries to the test machines
- Crash rate on trunk is pretty high - 4.39 crashes per 100 ADU
- Mostly due to crash @nsFrame::ExpandSelectionByMouseMove(nsFrameSelection*, nsIPresShell*, nsMouseEvent*, nsEventStatus*) - bug 670058
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=670175 (Fixed by backout -
- there were several regressions from the Mac jemalloc landing - see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=414946)
- New signature appearing on 5.0.1 - mozilla::Monitor::Monitor(char const*).
- Bill McCloskey trying to tackle a set of GC related crashes. Instrumentation patch landed on the trunk last week.
- Meeting with Adobe at the end of July. Working with Josh to compile a list of top crashes, issues, Flash versions - Flash related hangs seem to be the most problematic.
- Gecko SDK builds - move to main tinderbox? (http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.tree-management/browse_thread/thread/bc01262044a6d774#)
- new security hotness https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Radar